Tearing down my old block

boggerted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just completed a swap on my truck, and was going to scrap the old longblock but I figured id see if there was any interest for the parts. The block was a 93 turbo block that was removed due to excessive oil consumption, possible due to leaking valve seals. the engine ran fine otherwise. All the accessories and turbo setup are not for sale but any internals are fair game. Feel free to post or PM me.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rods will be valuable to somebody. They are special. They have a bigger piston pin boss and can bolt to the turbo specific pistons but will fit any 7.3 (but not 6.9) block.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Actually a turbo rod does fit a 6.9 block but there are no turbo pistons available for the 6.9. Maybe a set of custom 6.9 pistons..:sly

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would disasemble (after marking the rods and caps) Keep the heads,rods, pins and balancer for the marketplace. keep the cam for a regrind and junk the block or try to sell it as a rebuildable long block for someone who needs it. Just cant see junking a turbo block thats rebuildable.cookoo