Tapping in to fuel line?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Cubey, after all of the time that you've spent in the RV, it would be hard to go back to the truck camper.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Cubey, after all of the time that you've spent in the RV, it would be hard to go back to the truck camper.

Well see, I was in that big trailer for a while and sold it and went back into the truck camper for something like 5 months? When I was on the move all the time, it wasn't bad at all. If I stop anywhere for longer than a week or two, I tend to want something roomier. I guess because when I am on the move, I go outside more I guess. When I'm parked somewhere more, I stay inside more.. like I have done here in AZ this winter.

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 78 Dodge class B I long regret selling and it got about 9.

Course, my huge class C IDI gets ~8 and it's way bigger. Yeah fuel costs a bit more but per mile it's still cheaper than a big gas class C.

If I want 10 city/14 hwy mpg, I can go back in my tiny truck camper. It's quite a bit smaller though.

The two side by side for comparison of the living spaces. Quite a huge difference. I have 10x the space for 16 cents more per mile (based on $3/gal, 38c per mile @ 7.9 mpg, vs 22c per mile @ 13.5mpg average)

Yeah I have the small pickup camper and it works for us, but the space is limited for sure, especially when the weather or bugs are less than ideal. I can see the vast looking space of the truck cab through the pass through window and wish it was more accessible. That said I want the smaller rig to get into more free boondocking spaces in my local public forests, so the truck camper makes sense from that angle. That and I don't get all that much time off work so its usually just quick weekend trips.

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,after a little more research I found a kit that taps into the fuel tank without dropping the tank.comes with a seal and pickup line. Drill 3 screw holes and your done. Found it on Ebay. Made for a wabash auxiliary heater .Thanks for all the feedback. Problem solved.
Got a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk