Talk me down fellas!

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I'm frozen up high in a tree.

As if the troubles on that damn truck weren't bad enough (2 rebuilds, gauge problems, vrv woes, badly misbehaving tilt wheel and now a hole in the condensor), old brown starts dying and even had to be towed home on Tuesday. Oh and I have a u-joint situation I've been putting off.

I barely have time to breathe, let alone get TDT together enough to drive to Lisbon. Now I have to chase down problems on the other truck.

I've been circling the Dodge lots looking at CTD's.

Help me, I'm weakening.

Barney

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Dunntundun (Theme Music plays in the background)...

Your making the first step - ah how cute. Come on now one more step, you can do it.

Luke let go your feelings the force will guide you.

Join me - Together we can rule the universe.

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a difficult choice.
If this is your primary transportation, it can be very hard to get ahead of the repair problems. I went through this a couple of years ago, that's what lead to the decision to buy the 2002 F150 crewcab. With the new truck, I was able to take the F350 down for nearly 8 months and get all the critical repairs done.

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
Pull in and take a look. Just remember, no matter what the salesman says you answer with "I'm just looking" and no matter how good the deal you answer with "I'll take it!"

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Dunntundun (Theme Music plays in the background)...

Your making the first step - ah how cute. Come on now one more step, you can do it.

Luke let go your feelings the force will guide you.

Join me - Together we can rule the universe.

LOL :rotflmao :rotflmao
Hey travis, you keep you hands off him he's ours :backoff :draw :backoff

Don't do it Barney remember what happend to Anakin....

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Been there...

...done it.

Had to get reliable transportation.

However (and this is a secret guys), I still have the Ghost, and have a set of frame rails on the way. Looks like the 1500 Hemi will give me a chance to rebuild the smoker!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barney, listen carefully.

First step. For each of the individuals who have shown their weakness, and been taken from the fold, click their user name, and then click the link that says "Ignore this user". That will turn on your shields, and you won't have to hold your light saber in one hand and the wrench in the other.

Second step. Stay off the Dodge lots. Your an older fellow if I recal. Remember World War II? Maybe you were in it. Remember the terrible things those Krauts did to our boys over there, not to mention the ****? Well they are still trying to win in the aftermath, and have managed to capture Lee Iacoca and they've got him strung up in a concrete bunker somewhere. Them Dodge lots fell to the enemy. Aint no gettin' em' back now. Don't give them a dime!

Third, get to the IDI Weekend in 13 days or so. There will be an encampment there, and enough ammo to re-arm and prepare for battle. If your rig makes it, we'll get it patched up and back to active duty. If it doesn't, that's OK. Bring what you got.

Lastly, use the force! Calm yourself and feel the energy from the rest of us. Feel the cash surging in your bank account, and picture the disappointed look of dejected car salesmen and bankers everywhere.

You'll make it solder!

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Mel,

I appreciate the words of strength. I will be there over the 4th and I will be driving that damn truck. I will resist the allure of the CTD. I'm good enough, I'm strong enough, and dog gone it, people like me!

Oh and I'm 33 you putz. I'd have to be 80 to have been around WWII.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Well they are still trying to win in the aftermath, and have managed to capture Lee Iacoca and they've got him strung up in a concrete bunker somewhere. Them Dodge lots fell to the enemy. Aint no gettin' em' back now. Don't give them a dime!
mel-
it wasn't Iacocca who sold us out, it was Bob Lutz...........

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get the dodge

.......................................................................................................

somebody left the door to the basement open again...... :backoff :draw :backoff :draw :backoff

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darned good post, Agnem!!!

I'm gonna have to stop looking at Dodge trucks, myself. :)

Seriously, though. I keep investing money in my IDI. I'll never get out of it what I have in it. I have a car as my daily driver, so can take the IDI down for maintenance if needed.

After 7 years of car payments... well, make that 8... I just can't keep doing it. My IDI is getting a spray-in bedliner sometime... probably after new paint. I have trailer tow mirrors waiting to go on, Better Built truck box on the way, and other planned projects for it. Only gripes are poor fuel mileage in town (what do you expect... it's a 7000 pound truck), some resonance in the steering system, radiator fan rubbing on housing, and turbo rubbing on the firewall. These are things that SHOULD be easy to fix.

These, plus AC repair. Maybe $1500 total. New paint maybe $2000 at Maaco including minor body work. I don't see why spending less than $4000 on this truck could possibly be a bad choice given insurance costs for a new truck and that monthly payment, plus repairs that will no doubt need to be made.

If I had 65 percent down for a new truck, I'd buy. But I'd keep my IDI. The truck is a darned good looking truck, and my ownership of it constitutes a hobby that happens to include a reliable truck for pulling our horses.

gotdiesel?

Fine Diner
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Mel,

I appreciate the words of strength. I will be there over the 4th and I will be driving that damn truck. I will resist the allure of the CTD. I'm good enough, I'm strong enough, and dog gone it, people like me!

Oh and I'm 33 you putz. I'd have to be 80 to have been around WWII.

I agree with Agnem; use the force

use the force of a CTD to propel your *** like it's never been propelled before
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online