Tailgate, Up or down?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
My neighbor works at ITT Aerospace and he knows this one guys brother's friend who mows the lawn of this one guy....

Move along folks there is nothing to see here

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Y'all just blew my argument for buying a fancy chromed air gate. My stock gate finally folded into a v shape and I was going to use the airflow argument to justify the new gate. The wife does hate when the groceries go flying out the back when leaving stoplights or climbing steep hills so mabye I will use this one instead. I am glad to finally see some scientific proof oneway or the other.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
You have a tailgate? Lucky SOB!!! The most economical thing to do with it is to ship it to me! That will give you a weight savings and help rear visibliity.

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
Well, I appologize for going off then. I was in a wierd mood last night and in the middle of writing a huge research paper, I came on here to get some info and when I saw this thread I thought I would add my .2 cents. I did get long winded I just have done a lot of research on the topic, and thought I would add what I had found out.

As far ass the tool box goes, there was a missing sentence in there that I thought I typed it wasn't from slamming on my brakes that I lost the tool box, it was after being pissed of for having to slam on my brakes and almost hiting the lady that I spun the tires and sped off like an idiot, (I was 18), that the tool box went out the back. I guess I was just saying that those nets don't do much good b/c it didn't even slow the tool box down on its way out. Granted I should have strapped the tool box in and I should have not sped away and I should not have been in such a hurry, but oh-well.

Glad I could give you guys some entertainment. Yeah sorry about all the smiley's I dont have any good pics or links, and you guys wanted me to make up a signature, so i went overboard on the smileys. Whatever

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With how cool the smileys on this site are how could you not overuse them. Im too lazy to go to "post reply" so I just quick reply so i dont use'm but they are entertaining. So I think the final consensus is tail gate up is better so I can get a free cup of coffee, right? (cool smileys)

Chris