Tag Results

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a TAG care to give any real world findings. Have you dyno'd with it? Fuel mileage? Emissions? EGT's?

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Smokesalot
Save your money for something else Joe. I did try it and then returned it for a full refund.

Thanks Roger,:smoke: It did seem too good to be true.:D

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger, I'm curious about what you didn't like about the TAG? What didn't it do to your satisfaction?

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
the only one I know that actually said it had positive results was krmnal (krimmie).

frankly, I don't think it's all that

Sir Smokesalot

Reaction score
Joe, I didn't like the way it mounted. You are supposed to put it in the intake tubing (there is a groove a little ways back) then reinstall intake on turbo housing. It would get cockeyed. So, Rip welded a couple of small beads on that portion which fits into the turbo and I installed it in the turbo first, then put the intake back on. That worked some better. What I didn't want was for it to get out of alignment thus causing a restriction. Performance? No scientific measurements. Perhaps turbo a little quieter but smoke about the same. Boost bout the same, maybe 1/2psi lower. I think the idea might work but there is a thread going on DTR right now bout dyno results. What was more important to me, and BTW, Piers saw it, was it looked as tho it could actually restrict the volume of air to the turbo. Well, the DTR thread bears this out. Now I realize that it wasn't real world driving, but.........flow testing it caused a 43cfm reduction in flow. Now take a DodgeZilla like I am now running. It flows (corrected) bout 540cfm. If you subtracted 43cfm off of that, it would be almost a 10% reduction in flow. Doesn't make sense to me. I need all of the flow I can get and don't care if turbulent or straight.

HTH

Regards,

Roger
D
Z