T-19 hard to shift when WARM?

vicp21

Reaction score
I don't know how it could be a clutch problem. Even if you don't depress the clutch pedal you should be able to smack it out of gear with a little effort right?

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how it could be a clutch problem. Even if you don't depress the clutch pedal you should be able to smack it out of gear with a little effort right?

I'm with you. Unless the clutch is smooth worn out ... I should be able to float the gears and drive around relatively easily (barring: hydraulic, pedal mechanism, fork or TOB failure) ...I think.

Maybe I was just hoping it's the clutch.

The input is much appreciated.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F1TZ-7548-B

I cannot stress that one enough for guys with a t-19 who are putting in a new clutch

I guess I'm slow. I just realized that you gave me a pn for greasable TOB.
If I had known to look for it I would have searched "parts bin".
Thank you for the info. ... ordered / on the way

steelheadguy

Registered Idiot
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at that greasable bearing. It looks way different than the one I took off my truck. So I havent ordered it yet. Where did you order from? Final price?

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: ordered and received the clutch kit, MC and hydraulic line. The slave was replaced a few months ago. Before I took ol' girl apart, I decided to change the gear oil one more time. Drained "new" 80w90 and replaced.
PROBLEM SOLVED.
I can't believe it.?
And now I have a clutch on the shelf ... maybe for this

You must be registered for see images attach

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it was the oil?

My hypothesis: When I drained the oil, the first time, a significant (adequate) % of the crap in the old oil contaminated critical surfaces in the sycro. mechanisms. Second oil change "washed" it out.

Strictly a hypothesis.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plausible :cheers: glad it's working
Thank you sir. Me too...it's the truck used for my avatar pic. I bought it with the intention of fixing and selling it...now I'm in love. Use it almost every day.