Suggestions?

CHarlan

Reaction score
It said ACCESS DENIED... At The Diesel Stop They are nice people over there, and always have been kind and courteous to me.. I have asked questions, and gotten nice, prompt answers even though I drive a Dodge.. Its Diesel Truck Resource who are the ********. I got banned from them for no apparent reason. 23 posts, and I am out of there.. all I did was post how if I didnt get any customer support from the people who shipped my tranny, I would drop the bomb on them. How bad is that? Its only right.

Wray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be.....guess it wasn't the sort of thing they wanted left in sight.....:rolleyes: There's tons of good folks there. Even the dodge drivers;)

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
'nother reason............

I posted a question regarding where a thread about the FCC possibly lifting it's ban of the "F" word on broadcast TV,---- ------------- a thread that mysteriously dissapeared btw-----

only to return later to find MY thread vanished also:***:

here is a pm and reply from Jasonalmighty after I posted a thread questioning where the first thread dissapeared to

Subject: Re: F-Word Posts
That rule has not changed in years, perhaps you never read it?

The post in question had quickly degenerated and wasn't a topic I think should have been posted here to begin with.

Jason

Jason, With all due respect..............

That thread WAS about current events regarding censorship
and what if any fallout was expected.

If some of the replys were childish attempts to see that word in print, all the mods can and have in the past edited
and allow the thread to continue......or in the very least, lock it with the edited replys so those of us who posted can at least red the replys and fill in the blanks as
nessc.

on a side note that kind of amuses me......You said that you really didn't want that kind of thread in the first place......a thread regarding censorship rule changes?

I see that jokes and chit chat are still allowed though?

I'm not trying to instigate nor cause trouble.
TDS was a site that once had a sense of humor and fairness.
I suppose that the member #'s and range of personalities
have brought this "slective" editing about?

Regarding the Guidelines in the "Other" forum, I don't really recall them forbiding jokes the last time I read them.....3 years ago or so........

Thank you for your reply and interest........
GEO

The rule says "private jokes", this refers to the stupid "bilge rat" stuff that only a few people were in on.

I personally don't think a thread about whether the word **** should be used or not is appropriate on this site. We try to maintain a family friendly atmosphere on here. Whether the FCC is allowing it or not doesn't have anything to do with what is allowed on here.

Everyone is always crying "censorship" or "free speech" on here. We only do what we do to keep things civil and PG rated. When it comes to the Other forum, I have absolutely no tolerance for the bending or breaking of the rules. It is purely an off-shoot of the site and is not contributing to the main purpose. We have discussed shutting it down many times or restricting it even further. There are plenty of sites where political, gun, war, etc. topics can be discussed. The Other forum was originally intended for questions about other vehicles, tools, etc. People are using it for far more than that now, including many incendiary topics that I don't think belong here.

Jason

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He even got in a stab at us RATZ

:moon: :shoot:

If you check out the "Other" colum, I guess you need a quadruple secret password that allows you post jokes, certian "incendary" topics that seem to be allowed only to the chosen few.......................

TDS is "currently" the best TECH site ----especially us with
FORDS:D ..but damn even US:moon: chronic masturbaters need to talk about something else nece in a while;)

Just another reason why oilburners.net is becoming my tech and TITTIE site of chioce..................

NOW , we need to get Swamp Donky, MADDOG, Smokey,Dale I,
PSHYCOSTROKER etc...........over here!

Mastertech

Car Doc
Reaction score

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Re: Re: Suggestions?

Originally posted by Jefe-Rat
Jason has no sense of humor what so ever and is one of the most arrogant people I have run across in awhile.... :puke: :puke: :Whatever:

I've heard he's a nice guy...but he acts like an ass on the site

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Suggestions?

Originally posted by Wideopen
I've heard he's a nice guy...but he acts like an ass on the site

FWIW, I've been hanging out over there since July-Aug of 1997 & that site & the members were what convinced me to order my 97 F250PSD (ordered it the last week it was possible to custom order a 97 PSD). Was one of the 1st members of the orginal site & am member #29 (or something like that) there now.

Jason was at one time a laid back guy & things were looser. however, the bigger the sie grew the more he became a *******. Now that it's as big as it is he really thinks his poo does not stink & he can do anything he wants. His head has really gotten big & he "knows" his site is the very best Ford diesel site on the web. He also has a few moderators who can do nothing wrong & he sticks behind them nomatter what. They delete & close threads at the drop of a hat unless they like you and you are in the "in crowd" ofer there.

Sad to say I don't see that place getting any better as long as jason owns it.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions?

Sad to say I don't see that place getting any better as long as jason owns it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, just for ***** and giggles does he get any $$ for owning the site? kinda curious how that works over there

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions?

Originally posted by morepower02

I agree 100%, just for ***** and giggles does he get any $$ for owning the site? kinda curious how that works over there [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't know, but if I had to guess he's making some money. He's always been extremly tight lipped about it unless he needed funds to upgrade the server & such. However, after he started doing the paid ads thing he's not said a word as far as I know.

On the other hand I don't even talk to him any more, his ego has gotten way big & he's more or less forgot all about the orginal members & what they think (here again I'm just speaking from what I saw & not any fact based data) let alone how many of the orginal posters are still around (last I knew it was less than a dozen)

I think he's forgotten where he came from & only cares about how big, powerfull & important he can become.

Wray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions?

Originally posted by morepower02

I agree 100%, just for ***** and giggles does he get any $$ for owning the site? kinda curious how that works over there [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd say he's not hurting, quite a few advertisers and they are quick to shut down threads where someone else suggests a non advertisers product, that and they get royally flamed.:shoot:

I'll add what I think about this site now, this site could make several of those places obsolete, put the dirty forums under password protection available to members who have agreed to enter that area, one time cookie then they browse there freely, but members who are squeamish about that would not agree and therefore be blocked from that part of the site. That and keep the "for the members" attitude, this place will explode.

I"m a fan of all diesels and love the way the mfgrs have been kicked in the tail developmentally in the last ten years or so. This site has all the makings of the #1 site..... which is diesel enthusiasts from every make.

....and when we do make it big.....I want my cut....

LOL :D