Suggestions

Stihltank

Reaction score
First off thank you for taking the time to read and or reply to this. I have a 1994 F-250 4x4 idi turbo diesel and I had plans for this particular truck since its my first diesel. What i would like to do is upgrade the factory ats turbo but ats said they discontinued the upgrade in 2006 from there factory. I would also like to remote mount a second turbo but i do not know where to mount it or what i would beed. I would also like to upgrade the exhaust, air intake, put in lockers (electronic) on both axels and i heard there was a camshaft that would be better for the turbo idi than what was factory. Any other suggestions on what i can do to improve performance was while still maintaining its usefullness as a daily driver.oh and i want to put dodge tow mirrors on it and would like suggestions for how or where to find how to do that. Again thank you

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First welcome to the Oilburners, the best place for info on these trucks bar none!

Sounds like you want to get a lot of things done.

For the factory turbo, Type4 (Russ) can modify that stock one to perform very nicely, he also sells a nice cam that can perk up these engines, along with that he carries return line kits and he pop tests and matches injectors BB's the best stock replacement injectors going.

Agnem (Mel) also sells injectors and he also carries the Moose line of injectors and pumps, he can get you a nice pump with modified fuel delivery if that's your thing, for more performance as well.

As for a second turbo, I don't know enough about setting up a compound system but I doubt that the stock turbo would be a good candidate to compound with. You may be having to custom do an entire system.

Lockers are a nice addition either Air or Electric, it's all about the budget and skillz or you can farm out the work too.

Dodge tow mirrors...well not sure you just may have to do this all on your own, though I suspect there is help available.

Again welcome and take some time to read through the FAQ's and some of the HOW TO's in the tech system.

Al

Stihltank

Reaction score
Thank you Al I sent Russ a message and i am waiting to gear back thia truck came wiyh a waldoch interior upgrade and had been turned up i foundi this out when i went ro turn it up the tamper paint was removed. I wanted to replace the jumpsear from the truck with a center council from a super duty as well as build a counsel for a cb a bank of toggles a couple power points and a 1-2 light control moduals but that will be after tires glow plugs and front and rear springs

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
sounds like it could be a nice build. the guy that rebuilt my brothers turbo on his pulling truck (my brother runs a 14 and half inch turbo off a general electric diesel locomotive train) has a idi that he pulls with and it has twins. ill have to get his info and find out how me mounted em.

Stihltank

Reaction score
Thank you Keeway what im lookin at is if i cant get the upgrade for the turbo ats i was going to go with a banks sidewinder wastegared and either a hypermax asthe compund or a DT466 as the conpund bouth of which are non wastegated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online