suggestions on programmers

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Hi I'm considering buying a programmer and yes I know a chip will give better performnce but I really want the scanner funtion too so what programmers give the best performance and work good reding codes Thanks

wycowboy

Reaction score
I just got a SCTM not too long ago. Seems to work well Ivemainly been running in the tow safe mode. on my 97 its only rated at 40 HP I have not notice it much but I seem to be getting 2 ish MPG better..Which is nice. but I need more fill ups ot see.. I like the code reading fution good luckJ

bct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard good stuff on the edge tuner (prolly what i'll pick up for scanning and demos), dont think anyones bought the bullydog unit... The SCMT is solid, but i think the Edge has had more active support/updates than the SCMT 1705 has.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Aric I barrowed an Edge Evolution for my dads 97 for one trip that I used his truck. I liked it very much, easy to use, plug and play. Dad just would anti up of the cost.

Last edited:

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I really like my Evo. It gives me about 2 mpg on the tow mode (60hp) and definately makes the truck a lot sportier. It also will pull codes and tell you exactly what the code means on the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online