suggestions for spare parts list/ roadside kit

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Behind my seati havemu old belts. They ate still usable so if I ever needyo I canput one onfor a littlebit. I have oil and fuel filter as well. A wool blanket and a bunch of shop towels.

In my tool box i carry a 30' chain. A craftsman 200 piece tool box. Two gallons of oil a gallon of coolant two gallons of distiller water. A quart of brake fluid a can of starting fluid, WD40, windshield washer fluid. A mag light, hatchet, and a couple lighters along with a ziplock bag full of kindling to start fires. Also a twelve ton bottle Jack along with my factory bottle Jack. I also carry a bunch of different bolts and nuts just in case. Imactually wanting to get another toolbox, this one is full LOL

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A hatched, that's what I keep forgetting to get for mine... I do have a small spade shovel tho, and a 4lb blacksmith hammer :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Old Bull.... I'm flattered....:love: You just made my day....:D I'm thinking you want to see "behind my rear seat".....:sly

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody mentioned bailing wire and duct tape yet? How about Super glue (also usefull in first aid situations). And don't forget a can of long cut chew to patch that hole in yer radiator.............

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, forgot the duct tape, got that in there somewhere... Electrical tape too, as that's wicked good for closing up wounds that normally would make you bleed to death!

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I carry nylon zip ties in the glove compartment- they're almost like 21st century duct tape.

1994IDI

Reaction score
I thought the duct tape was a given? :dunno

This is a good thread though, I am adding a few things over the course of this week thanks to some good ideas here.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I forgot to mention my parents bought me a "Just in Case" as a joke...

but it has jumper cables, and a bunch of other things. Hell I took that 4500lb tow strap and pulled a powerstroke out with it, giving it some good yanks LOL.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a real tow strap and have a real place to attach it. i can't tell you how many times i've seen people nearly seriously injured by broken chain or bad strap mounts.

air compressor.
distilled water - good for the radiator, good for you
lighter
newspaper/haynes manual
zip ties
ivory soap - for fixing leaking gas tanks.
high temp RTV

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
quite a bit here i had not thought of yet.

here is what i've got so far;
1 .45 automatic.
2 boxes of ammunition.
4 days' concentrated emergency rations.
1 drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills.
1 miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible.
100 dollars in rubles.
100 dollars in gold.
9 packs of chewing gum.
1 issue of prophylactics.
3 lipsticks.
3 pairs of nylon stockings

Shewt, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.