Stupid Question...2 Trucks Hooked Together

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
Ok guys and girls.........buddy has a Cummins 4x4 extended cab. I have a f350 dually Powerstroke 2x4. He wants to hook them up on dry pavement and see who pulls who. Stupid question, but, who would do better?? :confused:

Oh yeah, Cummins is completely bone stoke. Powerstroke is in my sig.

Kevin

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ah man bone stock Cummins - HOOK HIM... You'll drag his sorry butt around the parking lot... That dually of yours is made for pulling - like I said HOOK HIM... You won't be sorry...

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
make sure you get it on video ;Sweet this way the insurance company will know a little bit more cookoo cookoo

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
If'n he's in 4-wheel you're screwed becasue he will have way more traction and all the HP in the world won't help but melt the rubber off your tires. BUt like was said, ya'll are likely gonna tear something up. Here's a better test of who's best. Take a trailer and laod it up with soemthing semi-heavy where ya'll have to pull about 5000lbs. Then do some time trials. You'll beat the pants off him becasue of your power. He will excel where traction is required, you will excel where power is required.

Brian [><]

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
Didnt say I was gonna do it........I know that's just asking for alot of broke stuff! I told him the only way I would do it is if he was going to pay and replace everything that I broke. Oh yeah, and he had to stay in 2 wheel drive to make it fair............ ;Sweet

mocetane

Reaction score
bigdraft said:
Didnt say I was gonna do it........I know that's just asking for alot of broke stuff! I told him the only way I would do it is if he was going to pay and replace everything that I broke. Oh yeah, and he had to stay in 2 wheel drive to make it fair............ ;Sweet

Get all that in writing first. And that you don't have to replace all the parts you tear up on his truck.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
if your both in 2wd the single wheel truck will get more traction on pavement due to its higher pounds per square inch of weight pushing down on the pavement... with a dually the load is more evenly placed and has less weight on each contact patch of rubber on the ground that will allow them to spin more easily... not saying his truck is stouter but more than likely will get more traction.... that all being relative... i would say yall both set there and put on one hell of a smoke show LOL ... and thats if the chains don't break and kill one of ya and nothing breaks important like your ring gear... ujoints... driveshaft

i seen two boys hook two dodges (both mostly stock) together on pavement (in 4 low!!!) it was a great (but short) show of moronism at its best... it lasted about 2 sec. untill one truck broke the ring and pinion in the front axle

can yall tell i came from a small town with a shallow gene pool... stuff like this was the fun thing to do on saturday night LOL all the good old boys got good and drunk setting in a field... got to braggin about their trucks and well the rest is history... i had a jeep so i didn't get called out much... although i did drag a nissan 4x4 once in my XJ

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
argve said:
Ah man bone stock Cummins - HOOK HIM... You'll drag his sorry butt around the parking lot... That dually of yours is made for pulling - like I said HOOK HIM... You won't be sorry...

Travis, you know better than to steer your former Ford brethren wrong.

Shame on you.

Sorry to say, that Dog will pull you around the county. You need a 4x4 to pull another 4x4... and you'll have a hard time pulling a Dog with a Ford anyway. Not to mention... your dually won't get very good traction... case in point: DRW on wet grass vs SRW on wet grass... DRW spins wheels.

If you're gonna do it, make sure you have something in your bed... 1000 pounds or more. Traction is what you need. Also make sure your tie points are equally high... no one higher than the other.

Last edited:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
GO HERE

Click on the one called "hookin"

This is a different one than the one I posted last time, this one just took place at IRP. :cheers:

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPCDrafting said:
GO HERE

Click on the one called "hookin"

This is a different one than the one I posted last time, this one just took place at IRP. :cheers:

I remember that Ford driver pulling into our parking lot talking about getting his **** drug around. LOL

We tried to get over there for those shenanigans but the police were Johnny on the spot that night.

Drunk boys and thier high dollar toys..... :thumbsup: :rotflmao

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
that looks rather familiar! back to the good 'ole high school days in small town Illinois! stuff like that happened quite a little bit here. like ya'll said "Drunk boys and their high dollar toys......." or is that Daddy's high dollar toys!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online