Stupid f&&& tranny again!

rthomas

Reaction score
F- this POS I cant seem have one of these f-tardeds last more than 2k. Its been fine for months and the other day I back out of the driveway and shift to drive and it makes a whining noise and wont move unless I give it some gas, then if I baby it it has a lot of resistance (binding I assume) but if I hammer on it 2nd gear and up it works fine. With that in mind I tried swapping valve bodies and no change.

sassyrel

Reaction score
both valve bodies ok?? and all solenoids?? not being wise,either..as youd think,,if you hammer it,,and it doesnt bind, it sounds like something is hanging in the valve body.. ever put a shift kit in it??

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many trannys have you put in it? All having the same issue? Whos rebuilding them? A small time tranny guy or a well known tranny shop? have you tried swapping the ecm?

rthomas

Reaction score
All this is the same trans, when my old one was getting weak I found a new one from a shop listing on craigslist for a $1000, no extras shift kit, upgrads etc, so I had my buddy who used to be a highly regarded tranny builder until his health slowed him down install a transgo tugger kit before I installed it in the truck. Long story- short three times in and out to get it working right and now this...

Hansel

Reaction score
I'm not tranny expert, but it sounds like it needs a good ounce over by a tranny guy that knows what he's doing. There is a guy name Brian (BTS, Brians Truck Stop.) that is the Ford tranny god, along with the guys at J&W Performance Transmissions down in FLorida, might look them up and see what they say.

rthomas

Reaction score
I would love to have a BTS trans or even a BD trans, but thats a bit over my budget right now.

sassyrel

Reaction score
I would love to have a BTS trans or even a BD trans, but thats a bit over my budget right now.

thers also john woods in cali..he may sell you a diff valve body,,thats been modified...