Stuck rear headrests on a 300D

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a very dumb question. I was installing a rear deck mat yesterday and flipped the headrests up. They locked and I can't figure out how to release them to put them back down. Any ideas? :confused:

jmak124

Reaction score
Full Monte,

There's a button on the center console that will lower both headrests. Its on the top row, 2nd button (see photo). Hope this helps ;Sweet

PS: New to this forum and owner of a W116 300SD, W123 300D, W126 300SD and W124 300D.

Attachments

• DSC00141.JPG
    DSC00141.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 3

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Boy, do I feel dumb! It's my wife's car now and I don't drive it much. I'll check out the operation of that switch..thanks.
I think you will like this forum...not too crowded, and the advice is real good.
A lot of the most experienced guys from the Dieselstop have come over here, so there's a lot of expertise on diesels, though Mercedes is a little unfamiliar to some of them. With all those Benz cars on your list, I'm sure you will add to the expertise of this small, but growing forum.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip...the switch does lower the headrests. I need to spend more quality manual-reading time :flush Now..if I just had a manual. Good thing I didn't try to force it! Boy, do I feel dumb :frustrate

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
monte-
dumb is when your wallet gets hit as a direct result of your actions. :eek:
What he said...it could be far worse; try replacing a $300 radiator because you thought that the two water pump bolts you put in were threaded enough to hold the pump up, and that protecting the radiator from damage is for wimps... :oops: -cuss

Good to know it was a simple fix :thumbsup: now I just need to get jmak to stick around... (he's someone I know from a different site; I coerced him to come over here due to his knowledge of the W124 body...in fact, his 116 300SD is the car I was thinking about picking up before towcat set me straight)

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL That's a pretty good definition of "dumb". I think "inaction" can be dumb, too. I've gotten into as much trouble from things I haven't done as from wallet-hitting activities.

It would be nice if we could get some more participants on the MBZ part of this forum, but it's kinda nice right now being a newbie surrounded by some experts. :thumbsup: As we get some critical mass, it should be even better.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full Monte said:
LOL That's a pretty good definition of "dumb". I think "inaction" can be dumb, too. I've gotten into as much trouble from things I haven't done as from wallet-hitting activities.

It would be nice if we could get some more participants on the MBZ part of this forum, but it's kinda nice right now being a newbie surrounded by some experts. :thumbsup: As we get some critical mass, it should be even better.
Amen to ALL of that LOL