Stolen truck!!! Please help!

gsgIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chuck,
Sorry it happened to you, I will keep an eye out for it. I live only 35 miles from Mexico. SouthWest Texas near Del Rio, TX. Highway 90W is a major highway west to El Paso, TX. Did anybody say fireants and honey? gsgIDI

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
My red dually in the avatar was stolen thursday night. It was connected to my goose neck trailer, and my John Deere 310E back hoe were connected to it & missing as well. Pease keep you eyes open.

Thanks,
Chuck

Sorry to hear that Chuck...I'll be on the look out but it has most likely gone south or west.

Don't let the insurance co. [read legalized extortion] screw you!

Fire ants and honey eh?.....only if the mason jar is duct taped to his unit :backoff

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing worse than a thief. Makes my blood boil, just thinking about it. Once my truck is back from the painters (if they ever get it right) I am considering installing LoJack along with a few other anti-theft (home-brew) solutions.
I hope you find your rig soon.
I'm being totally serious here.....the law should be the DEATH PENALTY for auto theft. A thief has taken your ability to earn a living by stealing your equipment, thereby threatening your life. There would be a lot less crime, if this was policy. Things would be different if I were in charge!!! LOL!
Jerry

Last edited:

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Hey they used to hang horse thieves for a reason!

I'm being totally serious here.....it should be the DEATH PENALTY for auto theft. A thief has taken your ability to earn a living by stealing your equipment, thereby threatening your life. There would be a lot less crime, if this was policy. Things would be different if I were in charge!!! LOL!
Jerry

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chuck,

Sorry to hear this... I always see your truck when I'm out running on base across from your shop. If I weren't in Iraq right now I'd help keep an eye for it.

Good luck. Truck thieves oughta be shot.

Mike

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. It's sad to think that any of us with a 10-15 year old truck need an alarm, but I am thinking about a hidden mini ball valve in my fuel system for those times when I have it parked in questionable areas overnight.

Put out as much info as you can quickly as most thefts are found within 48 hours or not at all.

Fire ants and honey are too good for folks who steal for a living.

Good luck, I am sure we'll all keep our fingers crossed for you.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I Feel for you. Hopefully your local law enforcement is a little more motivated than some places.
Unfortunately, a nice rig like that is probably on it way to a border crossing if it hasn't gone over already.
I remember back wheni was driving a big truck, if you were stuck in El Paso for more than two days, there were a few vehicles with some mexican big crime types that would cruise the truckstop, if you were there more than 2 days, they would likely approach you and ask if you wanted to make some money, didn't matter if it was your truck or company, ( some folks would get their own trucks stolen for a quick insurance settlement to get a new truck or get out of it, company trucks are a quick cash deal ) the deal was they would offer you X amount of cash , paid upfront, to go to the motel, and take only your suitcase ( leave everything else in the truck so it wouldn't look suspicious ) and sleep in till noon the next day and whenyou come out, your truck will be long gone over the border.
I used to run down there regularly and had the offer made many times

That bit about vehicles being recovers within 48 hours or not at all, only counts if you have full coverage insurance on it, if not, recovery rate is around zero. In most areas, the police don't even bother looking for stolen vehicles unless an insurance company stands to loose something, then they have the insurance companies on their case a few times a day, so they actually look for those vehicles.

I ran into that when I had a motorcycle stolen. I actually found the thingparked in front of a grocery store a couple of months later, with the VIN modified..with a hand engraving tool :rolleyes: ( I still had the registration in my wallet to match up the VIN , they had added a few numbers on the end with an engraving pen and some idiot issued a title on it) and I call the cops and those lazy ******** wouldn't even send a car out they had a chance to catch a thief red handed and they couldn't be bothered. While I was arguing with them on the phone, the thief came out of the store and hopped on the thing and took off before i could get back across the parking lot -cuss I tried to follow him, but within a few blocks he recognized my vehicle from when he stole the bike ( a big green lifted jeep pickup with a canoe strapped to the roof isn't exactly hard to spot)

Then I went to the police station with the modified VIN number that I had copied down ( where they could obviously chase the guy down at the address where the tags were sent ), but they never did a thing,and I never saw it again :backoff

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
You find that sumbtich you drag his sorry ass down here to the swampland and we'll give ya all kinds of ways to finish him off.....RLDSL...I don't think i woulda even bothered with the cops.....load that bike up in ur jeep and take off...better yet shove knife through both tires go in the store drag him outside and beta him to a bloody pulp with that conoe...to hell with the law...they're fast to screw ya but slow to help ya.Vigilanteism is the only way.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chuck I am sickened to hear of this happening. There have been many instances where my truck was parked with the gooseneck attached and my tractor on it. Sometimes for days. I feel for you. Do as Darrin said and post it on Craigslist. Also check craigslist for items that could be sold that you'd recognize.

Good luck. And with regards to insurance you may have to fight them to get a fair settlement. It would help if you could show them an established market value of your equipment rather than let them try to give you nothing based on what they found for sale that just may happen to be the same year as your rig.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Yea man I had two trucks stolen earlier this year from a stroage yard i had them at...I found one of them on HERE...someone had bought them both and was parting them out...I'll keep both eyes out around here GL.

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I wish I had a clue. The truck is insured, but the $30,000 backhoe and the $6000 trailer aren't! Unless some how them being connected would extend coverage somehow. I filed a report with police, but don't have much faith.
Please ust keep your eyes open & maybe let other know. I appreciate you guys and your help!
Thanks,
Chuck
803-934-6398 (cell)

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Wouldn't they be covered by your homeowner's insurance?

Should be, but around here, they try to make it as they have to be stolen from your home. Not sure how it is everywhere else. I had a weight distributing hitch stolen off my truck, in my driveway one day between 4:00 AM and 1:00 PM! Had one heck of a time with the insurance company. Car company says its homeowner, homeowner says it is car!!! :)

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
well,I know that with my insurance(commercial) on the deuce anything hooked to the back of it is 100% covered but that is liability only so.

gandalf

Reaction score
It's a real pity that people feel that an easy buck is the way to go.

Just in case the person tries to sell it on Craigs List, there is a useful site to check. It's specifically to find stolen property on Craigs List. A single search entry checks every Craigs list in the country.

Craigs List Stolen Property

It can be used also to locate those hard to find items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online