Still hard starting, WHY!!

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think it is, but i have no idea.. I beleave the top one is a factory peice and the small bottom one may be a gear reduction?? Either way i think it was shott..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that starter swap was a waist of time, totaly shott. Probly from somebody trying to start the blown up engine it came off of.. I geuss a new gear red. is in order, that sucks.

I also need a new alternernator, mines barly keeping the volt gauge in the middle..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking i'll do the 3g taurus alternator convertion, that will help out charging i figure.. As for the starter, it's ordered from db electronics 122.00 shipped, should see it early next week.. That will most likly be the last nail in the coffin for hard starting, it still started fairly good with this starter and it was spinning SLOOOW, starter is junk way worse than the one i took off... My gp's stay on longer with this controller, i had 13 secounds of gp's where as the other one i woulda had maybe 8-9..

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should check that alternator very soon too. if it is actually not putting out enough voltage then your batteries are likely not going to be at a "full charge" state when you go to start the truck. that will cause even a gear reduction starter to turn the truck over at a reduced speed and eventually lead to an early death of the starter.

dont put off checking out the alternator situation.

maverick1

Reaction score
my 87 350 was doing the same thing I thought it was the shreader valve on the fule filter but it ended up just being the starter im up in canada and when it's cold out it still starts first crank new boch starter 200 bucks no more stating problems good luck

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fedex site says it's on the truck for delivery now. If i get it by 10:30-11:00 i'll throw it on today yet, but i work tonight so any later and it will wait till probly saturday.. Will post up with update..

sootman73

Reaction score
the db electrical, had it for a year on my truck until i got rid of it. loved it. thats why i'm such an advocate for the DB unit

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, i almost jumped outa the truck when i hit the key. Talk about cranking fast, it kicked rite over in a few seconds and i hav'nt started it since monday.. Now it's time for a 3G alternator convertion.. Thanks for all the help guy's.