starting problems on 6.9 idi

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better to crack the injector lines. For the $35 I spent on an electric pump its great for bleeding air out up to the injector pump. Then the only cranking of the engine is bleeding the air out of the injector pump and lines. Pulling it wouldn't start it unless the air was out of the lines anyways.

acey4342

Reaction score
where did you place the e pump in the system? before or aft of the mechanical lift pump and what did you fasten it too. will the schrader then remove the air or do you still need to crack injector lines. thanks in advance!

MF2003

Reaction score
I cut the line between the mechanical pump and the filter. Used the hole for the drain line to hang the pump from. I wired a switch so I can control it at will. I am running my 85 6.9 strictly off of the electric pump. I used a EP80 from Autozone ~ 50 bucks.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Holley Red monted to the frame under the drivers seat area is a common practice. They push better than they pull. Read my fuel system servicing article for air bleeding tips.

MF2003

Reaction score
The Holley Red is overkill. The EP80 is a solenoid pump like GM used on the fake diesels they were peddling. The mechanical pump can push fuel through it and they were designed to go on the engine. Also about half the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online