Stalling issues???

FordMan1014

Reaction score
My truck just recently started stalling when coming back down to an idle, but will start right back up... any ideas?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Sticking metering vale in the IP most likely. Take the filter off and fill it with clean ATF, run the truck for a minute and shut it off and let it sit over night. Then go run it hard for a few miles.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Sticking metering valve in the IP most likely. Take the filter off and fill it with clean ATF, run the truck for a minute and shut it off and let it sit over night. Then go run it hard for a few miles.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, sticking metering valve in the IP as posted above. Has the truck or IP sat unused for length of time? Common when the IP is on the shelf of unused for a while. It should get better with a bit of lube (the ATF Kevin suggested), but it can also be a sign that's is time to start looking for a rebuilt pump. I've had this happen to my IP's in the past, and not long afterward, I needed a new pump.

Heath

FordMan1014

Reaction score
kinda what i figured, just last week i advanced my timing and turned the fuel up like a flat and a half...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.