Spindle bearing install

RJMorrow

Reaction score
Ok, I know I should've measured the depth of the bearings inside the spindle before I drove them out, but I forgot. Can anyone tell me how far to drive in the replacements? To be clear this is the inner bearing that the stub shaft rides on in the back of the spindle. This is for a Dana 50 if there is any difference.

Last edited:

blowre1

Reaction score
I am about to put in new spindle bearing (needle bearing) in a 1-ton PSD. I'm pretty sure it's the same uppers and spindle. I had to grind the old one out with a die grinder because it was frozen in. I didnt mesure it, and I don't recall a snap ring or anything else holding it in.

If I get to put that truck back together on Sunday I'll post anything interesting I find. You could always tear down the other side of your truck and measure it...:)

RJMorrow

Reaction score
Wow, I had forgotten about this post. I did get the bearings installed, I was doing a full front end rebuild at the time so the other side was torn down as well. if I recall correctly, I drove the bearing in down to the bevel. I have about 13k on the rebuilt front end and all is well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online