Spending my Tax Return on DT466 Parts

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've put a deposit down on a few DT466 parts for my repower project. You can read some of the background on the project HERE and HERE if you havn't seen those posted before.

I've been talking to a tractor puller in Arkansas (Brad). He's upgrading his tractor yet again, and I'm going to use some of his "one season" goodies.

I'm buying his Hypermax 1150cc P-pump (like the photo below) and larger stainless steel injection lines

Plus I'm getting a Borg Warner S480 turbo modified by Area Diesel. It comes with three different turbine housing to play with. It should be a good base charger for the twin set up. Still not sure what the top charger will be. I'm also getting a set of hardened connecting rods.

Brad has been a big help on the phone when talking about DT466 performance and what is really needed for my project. I will drive to Arkansas to pick them up in a few months and will post up some photos and what not then.

Here is his 1900 HP tractor with the IP and the turbo (one of three on the tractor) I'm going to pick up for my project.
CLICK HERE

Heath

Attachments

• 40b2c77d-f3ec-41af-ba80-d65e5968c1e5Bosh%20P%20pump700x700.jpg
    40b2c77d-f3ec-41af-ba80-d65e5968c1e5Bosh%20P%20pump700x700.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Heath. What are you going to do with the truck? Sled puller or drag truck. I would almost think to heavy for a drag truck

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice toys.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks man. I wish I had the crew cab project done so I could do some more on the DT466 stuff.

Grocery Getter?????
What's wrong with a ridiculously impractical daily driver?:rotflmao:D

Heath. What are you going to do with the truck? Sled puller or drag truck. I would almost think to heavy for a drag truck
Honesly, Drive it most of the time. I will pull some local events. I will likely see what kind of trouble I can get into at the annual TS Outlaw event down the road in Bowling Green. If possible, I'd like to see what classes I can do a little drag and a little sled pulling in at their event. I will certainly see about their dyno contest.

Again, ridiculously impractical........... but it should be a lot of fun.;Sweet

Heath

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
if it lasts for more than 4 hrs go see a doctor and wear the little suit backwards

I think Im gonna spend my return on gettin my cab mounts replaced, I saw the thread on the body mounts heath any complaints about the product? I know you said they were hell to access but other than that do you like them? and where could I get some of the grease mentioned over there. Know I probably should have put this over there but what can I say Im lazy.

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
O ok heath. Just wondering. MOST of the pulling tracks around here will not allow trucks in with out non factory engines(cummins swaps)

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Nah but I'm sure they would let you expo it....

Have I ever driven a vehicle that wasn't practical... uhmmmm yes on many many occasions so you get a big thumbs up from me...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Nah but I'm sure they would let you expo it....

Have I ever driven a vehicle that wasn't practical... uhmmmm yes on many many occasions so you get a big thumbs up from me...

Yeah. But that is alot of money going down the track for free. Then someone else is charging a fee for people to watch you.

That is why i am in the street class. Minimal investment, parts are cheap and when the payout for 1st is $100 you can kinda laugh it off. The hot classes typically get $150 for 1st. It is a joke for the money laid out to get $150 payout