Some Wiring Deleting

91 7three

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that I cant be the only one who has ever thought of doing this. I want to pull my motor, clean up the engine bay, and delete pretty much everything I don't need out of the engine bay. I know the IDI only needs a few wires to run and I want to delete as much wiring as possible. I want to delete the A/C etc. I did the e4od to zf 5 swap (almost finished) and i still have some wiring from the e4od in the truck. Can someone help me figure out what I do and dont need. What wires can I throw out? Any help would be awesome. I just wanna clean up the engine bay and get as much room in there as possible to make things easier when I'm working on the truck.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not too sure about the trans wiring, im sure you have a TPS in the cab, but i would advise into getting a internally regulated alternator.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally got around to trimming down the auto harness. Closed and looped the neutral safety circuit into the harness, all that comes out is the t-case and reverse light circuits. Terminated all the solenoid pack wiring just after the beginning of the original taping. Still needs sheathing and will trim the reverse light wires and add a connector to the trans. Was ghetto and just ran the mlps taped up previously.
Reverse lights
Purple/orange- fuse x
Black/pink to back up lights

Neutral safety circuit
White/pink
Red/light blue -looped together

Black-pcm ground.
Page 4 of my crew thread.
Not running the ground just the neutral safety circuit and reverse light circuit.
Also might be worth mentioning the color codes are for a OBS, brick might match, might not.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An EVTM will tell you everything you need to know. A project like this without the EVTM could become real "interesting" real quick.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not too sure about the trans wiring, im sure you have a TPS in the cab, but i would advise into getting a internally regulated alternator.

Hes in the wrong forum if hes got a tps in the cab.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online