Slippage with Trans or Rear

Robert Thompso

Reaction score
I have a 1998.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 24 valve Turbo Cummins that has been nothing but dependable and a work horse since I first laid hads on her in 2004. The trans has been replaced and has only about 12,000 miles on it. Everything else is sound and trouble free.

I started having the same problem as buckchase91........when i reviewed WHITS suggestion to reset the APPS it resolved my problem........however, I notice when i initially experienced the problem with the APPS a studder/slippage with the trans that persists still after I reset the APPS............is there a sensor to reset/check to correct this problem and how would I go about doing so......any and all input is greatly appreciated..........

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Let me call a buddy of mine this week and see what he did to fix his - he has been fighting the same problem you mention and I think he finally got his fixed.... I think he pealed the apps wire out of the harness and shielded it from the other wires... but don't quote me on that.... I remember him talking about it a while back. I didn't really pay much attention because I had a manual tranny and no plans to go back to an auto...

Robert Thompso

Reaction score
argve,

thanks for the reply.....will be looking forward to any additional info you can provide.......yeah, your right it is an auto trans.....i just had it redone in 2006 took it cross country....sat for two years.......brought it back........started having the problem.....it can't have more than 12,000 thousand miles on it........coul it have anything to do with the TPS/FILP sensor or the TECA sensor........if so what would be the procedure..........i don;t know.....Glad for you that your FINALLY WORKING FOR A LIVING.......been out of work myself since 11,2008..........look forward to your reply