slave cylinder/master cylinder now what

wannagetrdone

Reaction score
Ok for the past couple days I hve had intermitten clutch failure. On my 99 dodge 2500 4x4. It would feel like my slave or master was bypassing the here directly it would work fine again. I changed them both as a pre bled unit from dodge twice and still does the same anyone have any ideas I dont know what else to look for I know I got all the air out each time cause I would pump it like a **** for hrs even though they suppose to be prebled thats bs.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
is it contacting the fork in the bellhousing correctly? Any slop at all on the mounting to the bellhousing? There's not much else....Other than the pedal assembly.

wannagetrdone

Reaction score
yea its where it should be. Im thinking the throwout bearing may have something to do with it cause im getting some chatter maybe its binding and the slave and master cant push it. I still feel like i have a pedal when it dont work its just i cant get it in gear

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
any problems with when you press in the clutch that she is still engaged... meaning that you press in on the clutch and you can step on the go pedal and it doesn't rev up like it's in neutral but acts just like she's still in gear?

The hard to go into gear thing could be syncro's not allowing your shift fork to slide.

By the sounds of it I think I would yank the tranny and have a good looks see at the clutch assembly. Yes I know it's a pain but it's really not all that hard getting apart - it's the getting the shaft to slide into the pilot bearing that can sometimes be a pain...

wannagetrdone

Reaction score
just normal drivin when its in gear i havent had it slip on me or have i had it slip when i had it loaded before but i have slipped it a time or two trying to feather it. I dont think its an internal tranny prob cause it did it all at once really and i never had a problem shifting before. it just when i press it and it works it goes into gear fine just taking off it had developed a chatter when coming off the clutch. as foar as shifting you can feel a change in the presure it take to operate the pedal when it works vs when it dont like one way it has a bind on it other way it dont but doesnt feel like air when the pedal just stays down. ill look into tearing it apart and well go from there thanks for your help

wannagetrdone

Reaction score
well I was on my way to work just after writing the last response and i hammered the old gal and i made it to 4th gear felt a pop and kind of heard one to and i have lost clutch so im guessing pressure plate let go. she wont even untrack herself

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Sounds like then the problem is in the clutch/pressure plate area.

We know what you'll be doing this weekend huh.... sorry to hear that. but now is the time to upgrade the clutch if you were ever thinking about it.