Single? Or want to be?

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the K&N stock size replacement filter in the '86. When it comes time to clean it is alway a pain waiting for the thing to dry. I slid it down the agitation on the ole Kenmore washer and set it to spin. Did a great job of flinging the water out and some extra "stuff" that didn't rince out with the hose. Completely dry in under two hours instead of overnight. I think your next load of laundy after the filter should be darks. Just a thought.
Doug
'86 F-250 4x4
'89 E-250 ATS

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
This sounds like when I used my wifes curling iron to squeeze the toothpaste tube really flat. Worked great, but made my wife mad.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I've found out that a using her makeup mirror under the hood of the truck also makes for an interesting conversation :backoff :rotflmao

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
not on this truck, but I have been known to run cyl heads through the diswasher before.....

snatchal

Reaction score
Hmmm, what was worse, turkey baster to suck out brake fluid or her last finger-nail file to clean up spark plug for lawn mower?

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had her buy me 2 turkey basters just for that. but what she never will forget was one evening when i was putting the c6 on my 460 & she was helping to guide it when she said push i did before all the fingers were clear & broke three of hers.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I still don't see why she gets mad when I rebuild carburetors at the kitchen table? Heck it is closer to the sink where I rinse them after they have been soaked in the carb tank. :rotflmao

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F350camper said:
not on this truck, but I have been known to run cyl heads through the diswasher before.....

DANG! I'd like to see what kind of industrial dish washer you have with shelves stout enough to support over 75 pounds of anything!

82fordtruck

Reaction score
oldmisterbill said:
I still don't see she gets mad when I rebuild carburetors at the kitchen table? Heck it is closer to the sink where I rinse them after they have been soaked in the carb tank.

I'm surprised she lets you use the sink. I got in trouble the time I rinsed a lawnmower transmission in the sink. She told me I can put a sink in the basement, but to stay downstairs with it. Now, I have to put a sink in before I can work on anything big enough that I can't rinse it in the downstairs bathroom sink.

Of course - she's smarter than me - she probably planned it that way.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i havent put car parts in the sinks or the tub,yet.but i have nitro powered R/C cars/trucks.well i ran one of my monster trucks last winter in the snow before heading off to work.it was covered in slush/snow/ice.so i stuck it in the bath tub to thaw out and dry off.well i got a phone cal around 6PM with her screaming at me and telling me to get home and get the monster truck out of the tub so she can take a bath. :rotflmao

i clean them in the kitchen sink also.well my sink is next to my gas stove.i was cleaning an engine one day with this stuff called "nitro blast" without thinking about the pilots on the stove.all i heard was a "WHOOSH" and then my curtains,stove,counter top,sink and my engine was burning!!grabbed the sprayer thing and hosed everything down.after 3 attemps at putting the engine out i finally threw it in the sink of water.my engine made it through the ordeal just fine but my curtains were cooked,may they RIP. ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
TLBREWER said:
Wonder if I could get away with using the kitchen oven for some powder coating....

Tom

NO! :) I had a buddy that put a 383 SB stroker Chevy into a Triumph TR7. He made headers and tried that, his house was filled with a smell he compared to melting plastic along with a light smoke haze! Didn't go over well when his wife came home!!! :backoff :backoff He claims he can still catch a whiff of that smell every once in a while today, that was 10 years ago!

sassyrel

Reaction score
sle--now why did you tell tl that--i was hoping to hear of the results---- :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao