Shipping Advice Needed...

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I posted a thread in the Parts Transportation Network last night, but I don't know if a BOOB run will be possible. Who is the best (cheapest) shipping company to use to transport a 6.9 engine from Oregon to Cedar Falls, Iowa? I'm going to call FedEx and UPS today to see what there prices are for freight, but just wondering if there are other possibilities out there. The last time I hauled a 7.3 engine to a scrap yard (cracked block and bad heads), the engine alone was about 850 lbs. so I know that the cost of shipping it is going to be pretty costly already. Thanks.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get ahold of a local trucking co. to see if they can broker it. OAk harbor comes to mind.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an engine shipped to me by FedEx once and somehow they lost it. I am still wondering how you lose something that big. It took almost a month to get them to reimburse me for the engine so that I could get another one sent. I hate having to get anything delivered to me by FedEx and I would never send anything using them.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive for Old dominion..... We have a terminal in portland. give them a call they can give you a quote.

here is the location of terminal closest to you.
9010 NE 13TH AVE
PORTLAND, OR 97211
LOCAL PHONE: (503) 240-2680
TOLL FREE: (866) 905-6335

Last edited:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another possibility is freightquote.com. I had a used T19 shipped from Houston TX to Gainesville in 2005 it cost $80.00 but fuel was cheaper then... I also bought a nice used axle from Sle215 and he made me a great deal on it but the shipping was around $300, but you gotta remember that axle is well over 300 lbs dressed and bulky. A BOOB run is the best bet, forget UPS and FedEx they would either not deal with me or wanted an arm and a leg. They may have changed their ways by now. I also thought there was another freight brokering company that was a forum sponsor here awhile ago, again, could be wrong.... good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online