Scored some new shocks

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Craigslist find. Dude wanted 100 but I got em for $60. Napa rebadged monroe sensa-tracs.

Don't know much about them but lll definitely report back after I get them on.

I took off what looked like OEM motorcrafts a few months ago. I put on some USED old napa bottom end shocks. Those were not much better.

Ive been saving up ($255) for bilsteins but finding these local I had to snatch em up.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice score..:thumbsup::thumbsup: Now you know to cut off those shipping straps before you install them right???...

No. Not realy.. I did that and what a problem I had making them fit. But I did learn something doing that too....:rolleyes::D:D

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one with the red strap will be a problem...:eek:

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Yes what are those straps? I thought they were limiting straps ;-) :p

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
;Sweet

Reaction score
Are those for a 4WD? I only ask because I know the fronts on my 2WD use a 'stud' on the top side, as opposed to the same mounting style on both ends as is shown.

Mike

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Yes these are for 4wd.

Up to 86 4wd used stud upper with loop lower. 87+ 4wd uses loops top & bottom. 2wd still uses a stud upper

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well remove the retainer straps and see how they fit. Only then will you realize the reason for the starps. Now I learned the hard way about removing them so now you can too. Sadly your going to have some issues installing the shock with the red straps going thru the mounting locations. Just a note... Its really fun...:angel::angel::D

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Lol you guys... I think I know how to install shocks. Someone lost the original shock keeper and used zip ties.

Well remove the retainer straps and see how they fit. Only then will you realize the reason for the starps. Now I learned the hard way about removing them so now you can too. Sadly your going to have some issues installing the shock with the red straps going thru the mounting locations. Just a note... Its really fun...:angel::angel::D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Were just checking for ya. No reason to get your hackles up any...:eek::angel::thumbsup: In all honesty I had no idea why mine came with those retainers on them so I removed the rear set and suddenly figured out the answers. Any easy job was made really tuff too. So now I know.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Mmm. Hackles.. speaking of hackles does anyone make beefier front shackles for our trucks. What about a set of shackles with the solid bar thats connected to both sides? Are those only used on lifted rigs?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Mmm. Hackles.. speaking of hackles does anyone make beefier front shackles for our trucks. What about a set of shackles with the solid bar thats connected to both sides? Are those only used on lifted rigs?

Sway bar?

I think I've seen beefier shackles, but it was a front RSK kit.

I'm not sure what kind a difference new shocks would make on a F350 4X4. I've got to biggest spring pack available.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Speaking of the retainer straps, a couple weeks ago I finished the rear axle swap on the van. I've got year old Bilsteins on it, it took laying on my back with both hands pushing at full strength to get them to compress enough to get them back into the mounting holes. It can be done, but it not fun..

:D

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done the shocks on mine yet, but if the straps are cut and the shocks fully extended, why not just jack up the truck so they go on easily?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online