Saginaw Pump Swap Hose

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a bracket and pump for the swap and a hose from an E-250 diesel. Problem is that the hose doesn't fit the gear box. Are there any hoses that make the swap doable without going custom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a bracket and pump for the swap and a hose from an E-250 diesel. Problem is that the hose doesn't fit the gear box. Are there any hoses that make the swap doable without going custom?

What doesn't fit? It should work but might need the bends modified. Is the end wrong?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E and F series steering gears are the same. 80-98.
will the hose from a E-series with Saginaw work on yours?

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ends appear to be wrong. 180 curved end fitting is a size large and wrong style. I'll check the other end. Need to pull a pump off my jeep project to make sure it's not just one off fitting

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the Ford saginaw pumps use for a fitting but that one is different from the C2 pump.

My F350 uses a flare on the steering gear. Can't remember for sure but I think it's 5/16 line. The E350 hose I bought also had the same flare. I just haven't gotten the correct bracket yet to swap mine.

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it sorted out last night with a tubing bender. The fittings were different than I expected. Thanks for the advice before I got to the point of returning and trying something else.

On another question, will the press on pulley from a C2 fit on a saginaw?

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the ones I'm seeing are keyed. I already have a press on style pump rebuilt and in hand. I'll keep looking and see what I find. Thanks for the heads up.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the ones I'm seeing are keyed. I already have a press on style pump rebuilt and in hand. I'll keep looking and see what I find. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh ok. I have only removed a pulley from my 97 and it was press on but it was serpentine so that wouldn't help you any.

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a dual groove pulley. Will see what it takes to line up.

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It only lines up if I install the pulley half way on. Not sure that is the best solution. Still looking for a good pulley.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My F350 uses a flare on the steering gear. Can't remember for sure but I think it's 5/16 line.

I just went through this in making a new braided stainless P/S hose; for what it's worth, my F-350 steering gear pressure line is 1/2-20 inverted flare.

The Russell number for a steel 06 JIC adapter fitting is 640330, if one should wish to go that route.

At least on my truck, I can see no sensible reason for all those bends on the gear end of the hose; a simple 90* works fine and I could have gotten away with using a straight in connection just as easily.