Rusty Truck Contest

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
1990...I bought the truck for engine, tranny, rearend and fiberglass flares....good thing becuase that was about all that was left.

You must be registered for see images attach

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

NO floor left in the cab, box came off when I poked it with the loader bucket on the tractor and there wasn't a single piece left to the rad support.

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    933.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Parts Truck.jpg
    Parts Truck.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 10

Danoflapper

Reaction score
We scrapped a Jeep Grand Wagoneer that was so rusted that when they grabbed it with the claw the body ripped completely off of the frame. Poor old thing :/

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think a lot of you guys even know what rust isLOL
To be honest, I thought most of the IDIs in this thread were in fair shape. Come to Iowa and see some real rust!
This (my IDI) is the least rusty thing I own (my '94 chevy has just slightly more:rolleyes:)

And now for 3 of my rear spring hangers

The F150 is getting kinda bad

Drivers side, edge of floor (the floor is also gone where the kicker switch is supposed to be

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our '84 K20 Chevy

:eek::eek:
Did I win yet?:popcorn

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
The fenders I took off my 1993 F250 this past summer....what a mess they were! The driver side fender clunked and banged around when I turned the wheel and hit potholes lol

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wheeler and my winter beater. If you notice on the blue truck, the cab mount is so far gone, that the floor is sitting on the frame and causing the body lines to not match up. I cut out most of the rust on the wheeler. I did find a bunch of those Zebart plugs they put in when they rust proof it. Looks like they didn't do a very good job. :rotflmao

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
Here's my Chevy when I first got it. Lots of rust underneathe a fast rustoleum spray.

Then there's my IDI. Underside is clean as a whistle but the bottom of the doors, cab corners and rear wheel wells are shot.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i once had a Toyota pickup that was so severely rusted that i could lift up on the front fender and lift the cab off the frame. that's when i decided to retire the truck...nothing but gravity holding it together.

Jake S.

clueless...
Reaction score
oh yea... I got more carpet underneath than cab floor.

Attachments

• DSC01353.jpg
    DSC01353.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC01354.jpg
    DSC01354.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 4

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dano wahts that based off of the dodge one? or a 5 ton thats sweet
i was considering adding the trailer bed to the pickup someday i think thatd look sweet and its the same exact size

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow...i dont know why people would live where just driving destroys your vehicle? lol

Danoflapper

Reaction score
It's an '88 AMC General with a rear axle lopped off. It's got an 855 Cummins. It's been restored, the guy who did the conversion did a great job. Looks perfect and that thing is HUGE! That's about as much as I know.

At one of the tractor shows the '04 PSD got buried up to the rear axle pulling our 32' Avion camper through sand. (the one in my avatar) My uncle winched the whole works out with that beast at idle, You couldn't even tell it was working. ;Sweet

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
wow...i dont know why people would live where just driving destroys your vehicle? lol

the thing is, the rust belt is the same area the country was founded, the industrial revolution began, and the automotive industry called home. it was built up and established long before rusty vehicles were even a dream. now thanks to NAFTA and the world economy a lot of the old cities in the northeast and midwest are suffering economically, since without manufacturing jobs, there is no reason to brave the weather.

being from the cleveland area , born and raised, i can say it's not so bad. road salt sucks, but guess what we have all the water and other natural resources that many out west pay big money to have brought in and distributed. (great lakes contain 84% of north america's fresh water and over 1/5 of the world's fresh water..plus coal,lumber,fertile land)) hence the cost of living is relatively low. plus we have world class hospitals and old-school culture. ;Sweet

but it sure would be nice if my trucks wouldnt rot out. i just got in from using POR15 to try and save the oil pan on my SD.:mad: but all that means is ROAD TRIP every few years to buy a nice clean used truck!

:cheers:

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i hear what your sayin...

but guess what we have all the water and other natural resources that many out west pay big money to have brought in and distributed. (great lakes contain 84% of north america's fresh water and over 1/5 of the world's fresh water..plus coal,lumber,fertile land))

norhtwest oregon is only lumber and fertile land (ever watch axe men haha), but we can own vehicles for twenty years and never even think about rust, aside from the ocean towns of course. :D

the road trip wouldnt be too bad though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online