Rust Free Body Parts

StoneCity37

Reaction score
I am located in Iowa so rust free body parts are hard to find. I know LMC sells some replacements but i have heard they are of lesser quality. Is there a good site online to get rust free body parts?

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of parts are you looking for? There are some rust free parts in Iowa but they are getting harder to find. I got a real good deal on a 95 or 96 8' truck bed local to be one time for 375. It was red and almost in brand new shape but the tailgate was beat up and square hole cut in it for a gooseneck hitch but it did come with the hitch that was a nice one. I have a parts truck but its in South Dakota. Its a regular cab and I am pretty sure the cab is rust free.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need patches I've had good luck with:

http://www.tabcobodyparts.com/html/table_of_contents.htm

But they don't have entire fenders or bedsides. The LMC stuff I've gotten doesn't seem to be any worse than any other aftermarket parts; the biggest problem is with dings from shipping. Rust belt yards seem to be getting real proud of their older truck parts, so your best bet might be to find someone on here from out west who's headed to his local yard. There are a fair number of people who post here before doing so.

StoneCity37

Reaction score
I am looking for a bed mainly. The one i got is about to fall in on itself. It is a 80-86 body style long box with the two fuel doors. I plan on replacing the fenders and hopefully being able to patch up the doors. I am going to replace the cab corners as well the previous owner used spray foam to seal them up and what a nightmare getting all of that out.

j6986

Reaction score
If your ever down north texas way we have a lot of nice salvage yards with early style trk parts. I just bought an 8ft. box 3 weeks ago for my 86 and gave 100 dollar bill for it. Couldnt believe my ears. No rust and VERY clean.

sassyrel

Reaction score
I am looking for a bed mainly. The one i got is about to fall in on itself. It is a 80-86 body style long box with the two fuel doors. I plan on replacing the fenders and hopefully being able to patch up the doors. I am going to replace the cab corners as well the previous owner used spray foam to seal them up and what a nightmare getting all of that out.

pm me--

DragRag

Reaction score
Free long bed here in Cali for you if you want it on a 92'. It is a long bed top, has some minor dents, no big ones, no tailgate. It is at my house, unbolt and haul away. I will even let you leave your behind if you want, I will scrap it. You can cut can corners from a super cab if you wish also. All no charge, I need the bed off the truck anyway so you would be doing me a favor. Might be worth it to you if you don't mind the newer style bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online