runs like crap, stalls, wont restart warm

topdog729

Reaction score
@ typ4 the procedure came from here 4th post down
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/24568-replaced-injector-pump-on-a-90-7-3l.html
What's confusing is you say most are wrong, So is that one wrong? Or am I reading more into your reply then is there. Like I said my knowledge on this stuff is limited to daddy ain t got know money hunny cause the truck don't run. So no ice cream today!
And that's been everyday for three weeks. So I would ask you sir if you could clarify your response.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the mechanics way to do it.

It does not matter where the engine is sitting timing mark wise, you remove the front access plate or oil fill tube, remove the three 5/16 TWELVE point bolts,

then unhook the lines from the injectors, wires and cable, then the three nuts holding the pump to the cover, slide the pump back and up, swap lines to new pump, snug them cause they will need some adjusting, reverse the order lining up the dowel pin to the gear hole for it.

Done this way if it was correct before it will be correct when done except for minor adjustments.
Before my back was screwed I could swap one out in 55 minutes. non turbo. 2 hours in a van.

topdog729

Reaction score
Brian That Pdf is great! nice job putting that info together! Pics included to boot.
Makes it kind of hard to screw up with that much detail.
Now lets just hope that the timing is my problem lol. Which I m almost sure it is.
If I wrote thank you till I ran out of space here, It still wouldn't be said enough.
AGAIN GREAT JOB AND THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
I'm glad I could help. :D

I have received SO MUCH good info from this site. :hail

It feels good to be able to contribute something back. ;Sweet

topdog729

Reaction score
Ok Thanks to Brian's great post I got her all lined up and fired her up? bad news is had a bad seal on the gear housing. easy enough to fix.... I didn't feel I'd do to much damage backing it down my drive, (about 6 car lengths) Put her in drive and mashed the pedal to the floor. NOT a hint of hesitation... not a knock bang clang nothing nowhere. I realize this is not a RD test but I can say it didn t feel like it would take 1/8 of a mile to reach 13mph.
Can't wait till the temp drops some to fix that leak. and rd test. That set to 11 Oclock crap had it about 12 or so teeth out. Brain thanks again for the great job on putting together that file. Perhaps tomorrow I ll be able to get my lil one her ice cream

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok Thanks to Brian's great post I got her all lined up and fired her up? bad news is had a bad seal on the gear housing. easy enough to fix.... I didn't feel I'd do to much damage backing it down my drive, (about 6 car lengths) Put her in drive and mashed the pedal to the floor. NOT a hint of hesitation... not a knock bang clang nothing nowhere. I realize this is not a RD test but I can say it didn t feel like it would take 1/8 of a mile to reach 13mph.
Can't wait till the temp drops some to fix that leak. and rd test. That set to 11 Oclock crap had it about 12 or so teeth out. Brain thanks again for the great job on putting together that file. Perhaps tomorrow I ll be able to get my lil one her ice cream

I'm glad you got it fixed. I was afraid the IP gear was out of time, but not anymore!;Sweet

Congrats buddy!

Heath

topdog729

Reaction score
Thanks Heath... me also... Haven t worked in 3 weeks hopefully I can t put a buck in my pocket now. When your truck is your livelihood and it goes down things get rough real fast.