Runing an On used engine oil or ATF fluid?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
What I have always done was just filter it and then toss it in the tank with some diesel. Depending upon the outside lowest temps it would see I would adjust how much used oil I would toss down the tank.

the colder the less used stuff. For example - if summer time I would run 60+ percent used oil with out a problem - get her down to 10 degrees outside and I wouldn't run more than about 10 percent. anything higher than that and the goat truck would complain a little on start up.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run atf,wmo, waste gear oil, waste hydraulic oil, pretty much anything i can get my hand on. settle it out; filter it down and add it in when you fill up. i run 70/30 blend no problem at all.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By settle it out means to let it sit and let the solids settle to the bottom. Just take the liquid on top.

I run ATF mainly but also run other waste oils after cleaning, filtering, etc... them before putting them in the tank. A little never hurts and smoke is minimal unless I run a heavy mix. But it makes getting rid of tailgaters easy.

vmax3_2001

Reaction score
I would suggest getting a 1 micron soc filter in combination with a fuelwater filter. Our trucks will run on just about anything but you just have to watch that it is clean enough not to gum you filter or pick up tubes. I would not reccomend anything over 10 microns 5 would be better and 1 ideal because you want to make sure the used oils are as clean as possible. Filter it like Argve stated and watch the temps, I will run 70-80 during summer no lower then 70* after that I will run 50% from 40-69 then anything lower then 40 I will see how the truck responds. It's pretty much what your truck wants not all trucks will act the same. And Keep An Extra Filter In Your Truck Just In Case.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run whatever I can get too, and just dispense it through a pump equipped with a 10 micron spin on filter. I have to add some diesel or kero to keep it thinned out enough to pump freely. There is nothing you need to do to the truck to actually run it. Just don't run solvents, gas, or brake fluid.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a secondary (really tertiary i guess) heated fuel tank for burning Waste Vegetable Oil and i through just about anything in there when i don't have enough WVO. A Little ATF for the injectors. Some new oil for the IP, some old filtered oil for my wallet. With a heated tank there just isn't much you can't burn. I just heat the truck up on diesel or thinnish blends of diesel, kerosene,wvo, and wmo.

blkbest

Reaction score
Kinda a noob question but is it alright to dump in some synthetic waste oil if its filtered? I've got an 87 F250 6.9 w/ an intercooled turbo set-up. I've got a few gals of synthetic waste from my audi sitting in my garage that I'd like to get rid of. Figured dumping it into my truck would be the easiest way LOL

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I run atf,wmo, waste gear oil, waste hydraulic oil, pretty much anything i can get my hand on. settle it out; filter it down and add it in when you fill up. i run 70/30 blend no problem at all.

Gear oil? really? I always thought that it would be too thick? never tried it though. How much have you mixed and with what?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online