Roof lights

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
I done had one leak from them.They said 3 of them were cracked where the screw goes through,must of been overtightened at the factory,so they replaced them a couple of months ago.We had some heavy rain a couple of weeks ago and I had another one leak.This is one that they had already replaced.I looked at them and two had cracks again on the screw holes facing the front.They did not have any in stock so they took them off one in the lot.So far so good.Headliner did not get wet that I could see or feel just a drip from the sun visor clamp.Don't know if they overtightened them when they replaced them the first time or if they are cracking themselves.So keep a eye on yours.

BigSix

Reaction score
I think about those buggers every time I wash the truck. I should get up close to them(and put my bi-focals on) so I can check them out real good. We use plastic pieces in my line of work that crack when we put a screw in without even tightening it so I'm not surprised that the roof lights would crack and leak. I like the way they look though.

Whit

Reaction score
Try a little silicone on the screw holes and where the wire comes thru, that way if the water gets thru the seal gasket under the lens it wont be able to penetrate the cab. I did my own cab light installation and aint had no leaks or cracks. The dealer will keep doing the same thing over and over .................My method is if something doesnt work as it should than bomb it to satisfaction.

Cheers, Kevin

BigSix

Reaction score
We use a lot of silicone at work. I have six tubes of in my truck. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Probably a good idea to do before as preventive maintenance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online