Rodney Red aluminum radiator

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my custom made radiator from Rodney Red. It is about 1.5 inches narrower than a stock radiator to allow for the intercooler to hook up easier. Jerry at Rodney Red is a great guy to talk with and is awesome with his skills. This radiator is a work of art!! I haven't had much of a chance to test it out but the coolant hasn't got past 180 yet! I will have a better review tomorrow after I pull the trailer some. But I would like to say thanks to Robert(RLDSL) for recommending Rodney Red radiators, and would highly recommend them to anyone!
Here are a few pictures of the masterpiece.

Attachments

• 73.JPG
    73.JPG
    255.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 74.JPG
    74.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 75.JPG
    75.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 76.JPG
    76.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 58

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops forgot to say what is cost. It was $575 and the website is rodneyred.com if any one is interested.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the only one I have right now. More to come in the morning.

Attachments

• 77.JPG
    77.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 99

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new arrival . Pretty things, aren't they :love:
I'm always scarred I'm going to scratch mine up. It's the prettiest thing on the truck :rotflmao
You'll have to really work at it to get that thing hot now. Mine runs cool as a cucumber with the thing. The intercooler will give a bit more heat load, but I still doubt it will flinch.

-----Robert

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What are the coolers on the front of the intercooler? I'm guessing they are the power steering on the drivers side and trans cooler on the passenger side. What did they come out of or are they something like Hayden or what? Looks great too.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the radiator to a test today, I hooked up to the dump trailer and hauled some gravel. Total weight was 29420 pounds. The highest that I could get the coolant temp was 195 on a small hill, then it went back to 185 on the level. This radiator is totally sweet.

I'm always scarred I'm going to scratch mine up. It's the prettiest thing on the truck :rotflmao.

-----Robert
I have the same fear of that too cookoo :rotflmao .

What are the coolers on the front of the intercooler? I'm guessing they are the power steering on the drivers side and trans cooler on the passenger side. What did they come out of or are they something like Hayden or what? Looks great too.

The small one is the power steering cooler and it was the factory transmission cooler, I knew I held on to it for a reason, and the big one is the transmission cooler and it is a tru-cool max cooler(I think that it's the same cooler on the v-10 superduty trucks).

Here are some pictures of the intercooler setup over here http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21599.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Looks like your runs just like mine. Only get as hot as full thermostat opening temp and that's it no matter how hard I push it ;Sweet

I'm looking forward to a trip out to the west coast with the 5er this spring if the budget holds out. Those long pulls will be no worries.

perk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up such an old post, but is it necessary to have the radiator narrowed to have the PSD intercooler?