Return cap oring size

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Does anyone offhand know the official size of the return line cap orings?
Going to put new ones on and figured I'd go ahead and order up some viton ones .

Thanks------Robert

suv7734

Reaction score
111 is the number. .4375 ID and .09375 CS. Top one on first and second one over that. I use rubber grease but many use vaseline.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Be careful of the material.
Years ago, I replaced some O rings with some from a local hardware store. The fit was perfect. Everything was dry...for a couple of miles. Then the new O rings began to leak.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
111 is the number. .4375 ID and .09375 CS. Top one on first and second one over that. I use rubber grease but many use vaseline.

That's the ticket ;Sweet Mc master carr has them for about $7 for 25, got them on the way.

Thanks-------Robert

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a diagram or pic of how the o-rings go on the injector? I realize tis probably self-explanatory, but I don't wanna screw up something when I deal with mine on Friday.

suv7734

Reaction score
The number is an industry standard for ID and Cross sectional area and is the same for any o-ring composition. You just specify a #111 o-ring made out of Viton

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
The number is an industry standard for ID and Cross sectional area and is the same for any o-ring composition. You just specify a #111 o-ring made out of Viton
What are the differences in material? what would be best? and what comes with a kit?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The kits all come with rubber ones, fine for diesel, no good for biodiesel or wvo The stuff has a habit of eating through regular rubber after a while. It doesn't hurt viton though. THat's why I'm putting viton orings on while I have the thing apart anyway.

suv7734

Reaction score
What are the differences in material? what would be best? and what comes with a kit?

The kit will normally come with "buna-N" orings which are a nitrile compound. Natural rubber is available but is not compatible with any kind of petroleum product as that will cause it to swell. With biodiesel, WVO and even ultra low sulfur diesel the Viton is probably the best compound. Here's a link to a good chart that will give you an idea of sizing, temperature ranges, material compatibility etc.
Now you've got some reading to do :D