replacement brake pads

boatguy

Reaction score
My '06 2500 cummins 2wd with only 30k miles needs new pads. Any recommendations on brand and model? I would like a little more stopping power if it is available.

Any other components I should be inspecting for wearat this point?

Thanks in advance. Robert

Last edited:

PADIESEL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always buy EBC brake pads for my vehichles.
I just bought new cross drill and slotted rotors for my 04 from brakeplanet.com very reasonable.

MMeier

Reaction score
With 25% remaining on the originals @ 203k miles of heavy use, I'm going with the Mopar premium pads . 30k and need pads, you drive with the brakes on all the time or something?? :dunno

PADIESEL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will tell you this maybe in sin city your brakes will last that long. East coast no way! We have four season snow and salt eat pads plus up and down hills everywhere you go.

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will tell you this maybe in sin city your brakes will last that long. East coast no way! We have four season snow and salt eat pads plus up and down hills everywhere you go.

I live in PA, and I still have 50% of the original pads left at 165k...I travel the country, so I see almost every weather condition. I have also towed in the rockies (slide in camper and small utility trailer) with these brakes...doesn't get much more extreme than that...in fact I'm leaving for Washington Thursday!

I will probably replace everything (brakes, rotors, and calipers) at 200k with Mopar stuff.

PADIESEL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess im the fool then for upgrading my brakes... I only have 57k on my truck and I already went with cross drilled and slotted rotors with EBC pads...:dunno

boatguy

Reaction score
With 25% remaining on the originals @ 203k miles of heavy use, I'm going with the Mopar premium pads . 30k and need pads, you drive with the brakes on all the time or something?? :dunno

I don't drive hard or stop hard, but 80% of those miles have been pulling a work trailer that has no brakes. The electric brake kit for the trailer is scheduled to be delivered today, so I've got my day planned for tomorrow.

I am curious about other owners reporting such great life when mine is so terrible. I wonder if I have some other problem causing excessive wear.

PADIESEL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have changed my brakes twice on my truck. Once on the back and twice on the front.

DGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck with 60000 miles hase 136000 miles still same brakes.
03 1 ton 4 door 8 foot bed tool boxes latters always loaded.Pull 10000
pound tractor sometimes and 8000 pound camper sometimes. Still braking
very well.

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in PA, and I still have 50% of the original pads left at 165k...I travel the country, so I see almost every weather condition. I have also towed in the rockies (slide in camper and small utility trailer) with these brakes...doesn't get much more extreme than that...in fact I'm leaving for Washington Thursday!

I will probably replace everything (brakes, rotors, and calipers) at 200k with Mopar stuff.

I will meet that mark as well with my factory pads on my 2002... The biggest thing to hlep with braking power is a exhaust brake. So far I've got over 60% of my pads left at 125K miles and no problems...;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

So I would highly recommend a exhaust brake if you chewing up pads in 30K miles... :eek:

Here is my little write up...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002-dodge/bombs/exhaust-brake/exhaust_brake.htm

PADIESEL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am alittle ****. I didnt like the stock pads. then last time I wanted better performance and looks so I got cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. That is the way to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online