Rebuilding front end in dads old work truck... (WARNING, excessive cursing)

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
hold on there!! before you start letting air out of the tire, see if the right "needs" air first!

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
hold on there!! before you start letting air out of the tire, see if the right "needs" air first!
Well it's not the air, air been cked. I run 60psi in fronts when I not hauling heavy, this thing does best at 60, less gets squirrly, more gets rigid & sharper.
&my bushings are OK...redid all that last year.

This been pulling to rt since I left Or....over 3Kmi, actually even before that some. Got worse again since they redid that alignment...
I even swapped front tires from side to side in Parump, Nv at son's house at Xmas. Sometimes tires will/can change pull & such, sometimes it won't.

Personally, I keep looking at my Caster & way it's handling & kinda feel it needs more pos caster....I guess it's called positive when bottom of kingpin is forward???? Anyway, that's what I've always called it. Pos caster helps hold road little more. Too much will break the fingers if 'ya turn loose of steer wheel too soon after a turn!!! Too little will/can make wandering road walk....& this thing do wander some! Not bad, but some.

However, My caster crapp isn't really making the rt pull....I think it's some of this, some of that, & some of the dummy that did my alignment.

What should be toe-in settings on these 2WDs? I got mine about near 0 by shadetree Stanley tapemeasure sitting in driveway, & it's the best that's it's been since they worked on it last time!!!

siggghhhhhh..........

I been dealing with Less Schwabb Tires on all this crapp for over a year....if 'ol Less hadn't passed on, I think I'd just call him!!!

BTW, wind's gettin up, I may have to go put on a shirt.....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online