rear suspension mods.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol you guys go all nuts over a missing letter!
I'd hate to see what you guys would do if I didn't have spell check lol

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
New shocks always make a difference and you cant go wrong with the beilsteins, but I'd suspect the leaf springs. Find a wrecked low(er) miles truck that looks like it wasn't used by a teenager or buy a new set. I had the same kind of issue on my 99 sd crewcab at about 220k , when the shop removed the springs they fell apart! 7 breaks in the springs. New set and they are SOLID no problems. This is a 3/4 ton pickup with an sub 300hp IDI is that right? axle wrap should be a non issue. Or throw some weight in the back, that always "fixed" mine:D

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My solution has been to get some high quality coil-over shocks, and rebuild the leaf pack by either replacing most of the pack with leafs from a heavier duty application, or just replacing the pack.

This may sound like a hack job to some people, but I carry some heavy loads with the gooseneck and otherwise drive like a Grandpa. Unless of course the field has been freshly worked.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And in college we used to drink 151. I think we hated ourselves back then. And it does make a pretty flame.

And I forgot to mention about the springs, I don't do anything that takes away ground clearance. Traction bars seem to be a pretty sweat deal, but the best way to fab them would take away needed clearance. On the farm I often have to cross smaller rock piles and fences.