Really need help with new installed auto trans.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Is the transmission out of an IDI? PSD E4OD's had the same case, but IIRC, some electrical pins in the plugs were in different locations.

I think the PSD's came onto the stage in 1994.

I am not sure if this would cause the problem or not, but if all else checks out, it very well may be an issue.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine tcase was doing this when I first bought my truck. It turned out that the shift rod that ran into the tcase from the linkage had worn an oval in the bore and was allowing the shift plate to fall away from the fork when I let off the throttle.

I took the tcase apart and used washers to hold the shaft steady until I could get a new tcase.

I would be driving along, shift, hear a clunk and have nothing.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Mine tcase was doing this when I first bought my truck. It turned out that the shift rod that ran into the tcase from the linkage had worn an oval in the bore and was allowing the shift plate to fall away from the fork when I let off the throttle.

I took the tcase apart and used washers to hold the shaft steady until I could get a new tcase.

I would be driving along, shift, hear a clunk and have nothing.

Wouldn't THAT drive you up the wall!! I had no idea that this was a problem on the T cases....but I suppose, there are a lot of things I have to learn about these trucks :rolleyes:

zukgod

Reaction score
That sounds exactly like what it's doing. I will check all the easy stuff first then into the tcase I go. Thanks again all.

zukgod

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank all that helped with this problem. It turned out to be the Tcase shift forks. So buddy put a complete rebuilt one in or should I say I did it but it now works great. Thanks again everyone, you were all a big help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online