Ray-Wel High Flow Intake System?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing in the center is referred to as the Soup Bowl. Look up Soup Bowl delete.

It was put there to cut down on engine noise.
From what I have read doesn`t really change much when removed.
How ever, if you want to take off the Lid with it still attached, you need to remove the whole housing.
Mine had it, but a guy gave me a Lid W/O one.

My zero to sixty is still eventually.

If I was closer I would be pulling Fenders, Hood, Bumper etc... off it if any good.
Haven`t seen any in good condition coming in our yards lately.

Think axle 39 is 3:55, not sure what "P" means for the trans.

Does it still have the Turbo?

Goat

Last edited:

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for one of those for a while. They must be pretty uncommon. Banks made a version of that as well, also must be pretty rare

Only reason I want one is because it would be something different than the factory air cleaner. Definitely not necessary, but I think they look cool
I agree, I’d like to have this top renewed & restored with new paint. It’s a nice looking cap.

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt you will see much from a dyno
but I did notice a reduction in smoke and a lowering of egts when I ran one
A reduction in smoke could be an interesting test.

I’m putting an R&D IDI RD2-80 pump onto my 89 7.3 n/a van motor, and I don’t have a turbo for the engine at the moment. It’s in the works. A new kit is obscenely expensive and they’re only going up - I’m thinking about using the same amount of money to buy an eBay turbo, pipe stock, a welder and everything else I need to learn and custom fabricate a kit. I’m not crazy about running a turbo above they manifold and I’d prefer a passenger fender area mount solution

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing in the center is referred to as the Soup Bowl. Look up Soup Bowl delete.

It was put there to cut down on engine noise.
From what I have read doesn`t really change much when removed.
How ever, if you want to take off the Lid with it still attached, you need to remove the whole housing.
Mine had it, but a guy gave me a Lid W/O one.

My zero to sixty is still eventually.

If I was closer I would be pulling Fenders, Hood, Bumper etc... off it if any good.
Haven`t seen any in good condition coming in our yards lately.

Think axle 39 is 3:55, not sure what "P" means for the trans.

Does it still have the Turbo?

Goat
No sir, this truck showed up with a 6.9 and a T19. I grabbed the T19 and bellhousing to keep as a spare.

The hood was in incredible condition. I may be going back for it and the fenders, as I need one the driver side

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7