Rattling noise above 25mph in glove box/firewall area

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
This is driving me nuts. I have a rattling sound in the vicinity of the glove box/firewall. It sounds like a coin bumping around in a vent or a screw bouncing around or two chipmunks fighting. I've pulled the fender liner, wiper vent cowl screen and glove box and can't find anything that's loose. The sound only starts up around 25mph and dies off if I go slower. The rattle is about even tempo no matter how fast above 25mph I go. Any ideas? Something in the blower motor?

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup everything is tight. And the sound isn't coming from down that low. It's high up.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the bolts for your dash? The ones along the bottom of the windshield love to rattle loose. You also probably have a broken dash mount on the lower passenger side, that mount is broken on 99% of OBS trucks, there's a TSB and kit available to fix it but I don't have those links handy right now.

Reactions: Clb

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Metal thing where antenna is mounted by cowl hitting outer chrome windshield bezel in the wind.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the bolts for your dash? The ones along the bottom of the windshield love to rattle loose. You also probably have a broken dash mount on the lower passenger side, that mount is broken on 99% of OBS trucks, there's a TSB and kit available to fix it but I don't have those links handy right now.

I used a piece of aluminum angle and some self tappers to fix my busted bracket. That was a couple thousand miles ago, so far so good.
You must be registered for see images attach

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check the dashboard. Wasn't aware there was a tsb.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks! Iove how the instructions require the use of a 2x4. No stupid special $200 widget required, just dig around in the shed for some scrap.