Racor fuel filter install on frame. Stumped

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've mounted a Racor fuel/water separator and filter on the frame of my 01 F250 but have run into a problem of how to plump the filter in.

Does anyone have any diagrams or photos of how you installed the filter? My issue is either trying to cut the metal fuel lines or plumbing into the plastic feed line to the pump.

I used Powerstrokehelp.com's recommendations on the filter and the fittings kit from the Ford dealer. Fyi, I'm not going to have this become an arguement thread pro or con for Bill Hewitt.

I just want to know what I should do next, as it's looking more and more likely that I'm going to have to cut the metal feed line. How did any of you guys do this?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty much have no choice but to cut the line from the tank to the pump or the line from the pump to the motor.or run a whole new line.

sethc24

Reaction score
just disconnect the line from the back of the pump and fuel tank pickup unit. And leave the stock line in place and run a new line from the tank pickup to your filter then too the back of the fuel pump on the frame.

On a side note. DO you have any pictures of that fuel water seperator unit. trying to decide what to use on my truck.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plumbed in the filter tonight but ran into a snag of fuel starvation. It might be that I didn't fill the Racor filter with fuel before running. I drove about a mile and the truck sputtered and died of fuel starvation.

I plumbed in a new rubber line from the tank to the Racor. I'm hoping that I didn't pinch the tank-racor fuel line between the tank and the frame.

I'm going to fill the filter with fuel tomorrow morning and try again. I tried cycling the fuel pump and only got air pressure out of the fuel/water separator drain on the engine.

I'll keep you guys posted.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I"m stumped, can't get the fuel system to prime even with the fuel filter filled up with fuel.

I'm just going to reconnect the old fuel line and get my truck back into operation until I can figure out what the hell is going on. Very frustrating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.