Pyro or Ferret?

Which would you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
If you have a Pensacola pump, don't be surprised if you can't get a stable pulse reading off the thing. We had one where we couldn't get a stable pulse reading off the blamed thing, it was wandering all over the place. Tried it on different cylinders to see if it was the injector and that wasnt the case, it was the fresh rebuilt pump from pensacola -cuss

Thanks for the heads up.... It seems to idle smooth... what could cause that you think?

Heath, the ferret's price seems to have doubled since i looked last... i may end up getting a pyro after all....

I was under the inpression that they were both $100-150....

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
With the puro you know when to put that tasty bacon on to cook :-D

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
So i ended up selling my F150 to a family member so i ordered both... :D

Getting an Auber Instruments digital pyro and a digital timing light to go with the ferret....

85_IDI_4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
google "engine cooking" you will get all kinds of info about using engine heat to cook.
And with the pyro you will know what temp your cooking at too.

"....Place on exhaust manifold, drive for 15 minutes at 950* egt or till bacon is desired crispness"

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Wow. towcat....no more frying bacon in my birthday suit!!! I can just drink it with my toast!!!1 AND it eliminates my morning coffee!

I would say a pyrometer.....you can have the ferrit and be times, but still run high EGT's and burn her up.

Now, I am off to make bacon and egg sandwiches.....mmmmmmm

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Little late to the party Goofy...:D

I got both, and the pyro is already installed. Still havent timed it, but its in the truck when i get to it...