Pump cc for turbo sizes

fordviehman

Reaction score
Hi I'm starting to get everything together for when I turbo my 90 7.3. I'm getting an HX40 off of a 24 valve for cheap and it has very low miles on it. My question is will my pump even with the fuel screw turned up be enough to work efficiently with this turbo or would I need to upgrade to a bigger CC pump calibration? The truck is getting head studded and I'm not looking for too much boost but maybe 20-25 psi.
Also a side note has anyone purchased anything from R&D IDI performance? So far they have been very helpful with my questions I have asked about their products but I haven't heard to much about them. I was planning on buying their stage 2 fuel system but haven't heard if its any good or not.
Thanks for the input guys
Ford Viehman

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, yes I am running R&D intake manifold and stage 1 injectors, also purchased my borg warner S366 of justin. Very helpful and upfront guy.
I have good fueling even with a stock pump maxed out and the inejctors-those injectors can really flow some fuel. Im pushing 20+ psi on my S366 stock everything (arp head studs) and it still smokes. Slips the LuK clutch.
the stock IP and stock inejctors should run the HX40 just fine, is it 14 or 16cm exh housing? May not be its full potential but will be ok.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online