promar

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
has anyone dealt with them?

I'd like to hear from someone that has run one of thier motors. Seems like the price+free shipping is too good.

thanks,
Drew

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I've used a few of their gas engines and they seem to run just fine. No diesels though.
Ken

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I spoke with them and they say they use Mahl pistons,Felpro gaskets,Clevite friction parts(bearings,lifters,etc) and best of all they said they sleeve all 8 holes on all 7.3L rebuilds.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
I think they do sleeve them since the other diesels don't mention it.Just the International 7.3L IDI.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
thanks for the input. I figure I couldn't rebuild mine sleeved and all for $3k
probably have less than a year on this motor, barring any major immediate issues.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
yea but with a DAS you gotta pay shipping both ways.that was an extra 1600 bucks right there when I contacted them.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya,
I live close eneough, we just took a weekend and went up and got it. Still like the engine, but you do have to figure in ALL of the costs to get it in the truck!
I did not think about the shipping costs.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
will say if DAS did the same Free Shipping both ways I would hands down pay the extra 200 bucks for them just cause their Reputation.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I'd buy the 6.9 from promar, then not have to worry about the cavitation issues, but you might have head gasket issues later with the 6.9 depending on what they do to them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a sleeved 7.3 from a reputable dealer either. Good luck whatever you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online