power lock question

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how would i go about addind a 3rd power lock button to my truck. i wonting to do this in case my 2 year old boy pushes the lock button with the keys in it and shuts the door. he has done it 2 times and im geting sick of breaking into my truck with a coat hanger slim jim lol

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
i have one under the drivers side bedrail behind my tool box and it stays their.i use it all the time when i dont feel like walking in the house to get my keys

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont leave the key in it with a 2 year old!!!!!!!my son figured out how to press the brake pedal and move the shifter when he was 2.at 4 he knew how to turn the pto on and run the bed without me helping him.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
dont leave the key in it with a 2 year old!!!!!!!my son figured out how to press the brake pedal and move the shifter when he was 2.at 4 he knew how to turn the pto on and run the bed without me helping him.

Thats awesome!!! Has anyone thought of retrofitting a numeric entry pad onto one of our old rigs? My 02 Excursion has one and I love it. Gotta be a million exploders in the junk yards to rob the set up from.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you carry 2 key rings, you can always carry the second key on the other ring. This way I always have a key in my pocket even if the other is in the truck. This is what I do, works like a charm.
Travis..

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I do the spare key in the wallet thing. But if you wanted to add another switch, especially just to do an "emergency unlock" it wouldn't be super hard. A momentary DPST switch wired in to send the correct "unlock" polarity would work. The wires to the solenoids are pink/orange and pink/black, the OEM switches reverse polarity to lock/unlock.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Ever since my oldest got all excited and locked my keys in the truck at the airport when we were rushing to get out to go pickup Grandma and I had to bust out a wing window to get back in ( it was right around rush hour and AAA said it was going to take a few hours to send a lockout service and we had to get somewhere ) ... then rush across town and have it replaced so we could head out of town... there has been a spare door key in my wallet to this day

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score

HAHA, that brings back memories of when I was 3 or 4...
But to the OP, go to Ace, Walmart, Meijer, or even your local IGA and get some spares made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online