Possibly going to look at a 99.5 7.3

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
I can't offer much, except bring a code reader. It's in the Era of OBD-II, so pop it in and take a look. If they get nervous and refuse, then there is a good tell tale sign. Make sure you have one that can read the emissions status (one I have uses three leds, red, orange, green to show the status). Even if you don't smog diesels where you are, still can't hurt. Suppose you move? Anything other then Green, might be time to run if you don't want to spend time figuring out the issues

edit: Don't forget the SCA test strips if you can get them. Another good indicator of how the engine was treated

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Nope, most of those code readers won't do squat. In a way, I hate that about the powerstrokes.
I think the price is pretty good.
4x4 could be a few things, doubt anything serious though.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 4x4 might just be a shift actuator, buy it, fix it and then sell it, the value on that truck with everything working will be over 10,000 easy, or keep it that is a nice looking truck,

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The damn windshields leaked on the drivers side, water could have got in the Gen module which controls the 4WD and other things. Mine would want to go into 4WD going down the road, Hell'va noise. I just cut the wire to the motor and put in a switch for it. It's behind the drivers side kick panel.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
just talked to the guy on the phone. He dropped it to $6,000. Said he just needs to sell it because he is in a financial crunch right now.

He told me it needed a new lockout hub. The front driveshaft was removed, and he was told it may need a new pinion shaft for the 4x4.

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice truck.
worth it.
id be more interested in the rust.
everything else is fixable

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Pull axle shafts, pull carrier, then you need to set up bearing preload.
I see someone flagged it, probably a scam. Someone trying to sell a truck that's not theirs.
The "financial crunch" is always the reason.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.