pair of 6.9L/7.3L IDI cylinder heads, so. California, I'm entertaning offers.

351W

Reaction score
I have a pair of 6.9/7.3L IDI cylinder heads. They need to be rebuilt.

I also have a good used steering box for '80 and '90s Ford trucks.

And I have a flywheel for the 6.9/7.3L diesel.

And two injector pumps that also need to be rebuilt.

PM me for further details.

351W

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The exhaust manifolds are gone and so are the rocker arms.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
For anyone interested in the flywheel. Thats no longer available form anyone. Its the heavy cast iron automatic flywheel found in the early idi engines. It requires the stamped thin metal plate for the torque converter to bolt to thru this wheel. The good thing about this style is the ring gear can be replaced easily. Just heat it up and drive it off or drill a couple small holes between the teeth and hit it with a chiesl and hammer. then warm up the new gear in the oven to 250 degree and set it on. Thats it. Just make sure the bevel cut on the gear faces the starter. And nope.. We can't just flip these over to get new gear teeth when the gears have worn down in the three start and stop places on the gear. I did remove my worn gear and clocked it around to new teeth so I got more "time" till I needed a new gear... The stamped steel flexplates that most trucks now have can not remove the gear because they are welded to the flexplate. Also when changing from the heavy cast iron wheel to the newer flexplate you will need the 1 1/4 inch thick crank spacer to make up for the missing cast iron wheel. Those too are no longer sold by Ford but BTS makes them for a fair price...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well back when Ford sold them what you have pictured was $450.00. That was some 10 years ago now. You still need the thin stamped plate that bolts to the crank thru the flywheel bolts to make this work. This plate is what the torque converter bolts to.

351W

Reaction score
What is this plate called as a part number? Maybe I can track this plate down, complete the component and sell it.

Do I have any offers on this flywheel as is?

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this plate called as a part number? Maybe I can track this plate down, complete the component and sell it.

Do I have any offers on this flywheel as is?

I have this wheel on my truck. I did switch the gear around, but seems to work fine.

Javier

351W

Reaction score
jaluhn83,
I am at an arm's reach. I am in Lakeside. I tried to buy an engine from you but it sold already. Please make an offer on my parts. I don't know about the condition of my injection pump but make an offer. I need to pay off my Bronco motor.

The cylinder heads are 6.9L/7.3L IDI cylinder heads.

I read on a diesel engine swap web site that the ZF 5 speed had a larger input shaft than the T19. Which is stronger? I want to build a 6.9L IDI in an older truck later.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe once I get back down to SD I'll set up a time to come by and take a look at what you have.

The 6.9 & 7.3 heads aren't the same. 6.9 has smaller cylinder head bolts (7/16 vs 1/2") and the precups are slightly different. So they're not interchangeable.

I'm pretty sure the input shafts are the same between the ZF & T-19, though the length is slightly different so you have to use the correct flywheel. I'd say they're probably about the same as far as strength. I have heard of people cracking the zf case, though that seems to be mostly off road guys beating the snot out of the trucks. You could always go with a S5-47 (later psd 5 speed) instead of the S5-42 (early psd & idi) since it's rated for 470 ft/lb vs 420 ft/lb.

Bottom line is I think either trans is fine unless you're really planning to flog the snot out of it. Personally I would go with the zf so you have the overdrive, it makes a big difference. More pricey though....

351W

Reaction score
I am planning to "flog the snot out of it." Is the cast iron case of the T18/T19?NP435 transmissions stronger?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online