• As Metallica would scream, BLACKENED!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Desert camo is hip. LEAVE IT!

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up this beaut of a truck cap for a steal off Facebook. It's just about as old as my truck, so old the manufacturer had to dig up the paper archives to find any info about it. I dig the faded tan color but am toying with the notion of painting black to match the truck. What do you guys and gals recon? Let me know

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I usually don't much get into the way that a truck looks as long as it runs fine. Looks just aren't that important to me and it's not my money. Since you asked for opinions, I say to paint it to match the truck. It just looks too "off" with it a light tan color. If it had been a dark red or maybe a dark blue color, I think it may look good enough to leave it.

slim

Reaction score
I suggest painting the visible sides to match the truck but paint the top white to keep it cooler in the summers sun. I've done that with several shells and have been pleased at the results.

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are thinking of painting it, how good do you want it? Proper means disassembly. Also, not all paint will stick to all organics.

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys and gals. I hadn't decided until I tinted the windows, now I've decided to leave it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online