P/S hose replacment

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
So Im redoing all my steering hardware from the pitman arm up to the firewall (gearbox, shaft, pump/reservoir and hoses) however I want to get all the parts together before I tear it all apart, a quick search for the pressure hoses returns 7 possibles for a 7.3IDI 91 F250. Anyone have a part number or info to help figure out which hose I need? Also whats the best way to cap off the ports for hydroboost untill I get the rest of the components? (figure since Im changing the pump might as well upgrade to the hydroboost parts while Im at it) Im assuming the return line is just a basic soft line that can be cut to fit?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The above posting is correct about the power steering pump return line from the hydroboost system. Now please don't try to install the hydro pump at the master cylinder and just cap off the lines to it. The vacuum booster must be removed for this upgrade and if the booster is removed and the hydro installed and not connected to anything you will have no brakes. The hydroboost requires power steering pump pressure and returns to function properly.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
The above posting is correct about the power steering pump return line from the hydroboost system. Now please don't try to install the hydro pump at the master cylinder and just cap off the lines to it. The vacuum booster must be removed for this upgrade and if the booster is removed and the hydro installed and not connected to anything you will have no brakes. The hydroboost requires power steering pump pressure and returns to function properly.

That I know full well however I currently have the orginal vacum brakes but plan on going to hydro eventully (Im a little ocd with brakes so going to use all new parts) but since I plan on replacing the pump anyways might as well use the hydroboost version to save having to change/modify it later.