Overhead Console/Info Display

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good evening. Hopefully everybody had a safe and fun Memorial Day Weekend.

Does anybody have any experience putting a newer style overhead console with the electronic information center in an older (pre 1998) style F-truck? I don't really care about computing mileage, but I really want a good compass, temperature and overhead lights/storage. I see lots of these things out there, but I wonder if anybody's made one work yet.

Thanks for looking.

R. J.

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
they used to have factory ford ones in the overheads of the bronco's. My grandfathers Eddie Bauer Edition had one, it told you the direction you were heading and such, didnt look to bad from what i remember.. maybe adrian could help you out in the dept. But those should fit good since the interior is the same years and stuff is shaped the same. just thought it might help ya a bit

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the Bronco mod comes from using one out of an Explorer. It can be done. Look it up at fullsizebronco.com. Should be the same for any F series. I also learned that a Mustang Dome Light is supposedly a cool upgrade.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
The mustang dome light is cool. I used a taurus one, grind the tab off the back and screw it in.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger