Oshkosh

DBogo

Reaction score
can you get the highlander in just a cab and chassis for like a dump or a semi it woudl make a pretty badass one
You must be registered for see images

Sbrem

Reaction score
I would think they would sell you one however you wanted it. It would make a cool dump truck. I have never even seen a highlander other then in pictures.

Stephen

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the nose on that one will take some time to get used to. I like the squared-off industrial noses and fenders more. here's a pic of their latest "square" design

Attachments

• 19914buffalo.jpg
    19914buffalo.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 47

Whit

Reaction score
Back in my contractor days the readymix outfit had a very busy year and leased an Oshkosh concrete front unloader truck, the schute was hydrolic controled in the cab, this saved me paying an extra hand. I remember pouring a parking lot for a big appartment and man that guy laid the mud in there like it was a piece of cake...............I loved that truck and when I get crippled up some day I sure would like to own one of them and go pour some crete :hail :hail :hail

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whoever is running Oshkosk has some serious long range plans. Within the last five years, they bought a garbage packer company, a concrete mixer equipment company(McNeillus), and a towtruck body company(JerrDan). They are looking to in-house the complete package, rather than how the industry is currently fitting bodies to chassis. One thing for sure, they will have rigs that will be spec'd out right. Their reputation depends on tough trucks. ;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
towcat said:
No more than a year ago.....Miller ind. has something big to worry about now ;Sweet

It's about time someone got in their way. I had two Vulcan rollbacks BEFORE miller got involved. Awsome trucks. After Miller, same bed just different Brand badges. I ended up with two more rollbacks & a Cougar, all Jerr Dan just to stay away from Miller. Ashame to see em sell out though.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deezle1 said:
What happened to Miller Industrial?

Dom
Miller Industries is the one I am talking about. they are the corporate owners of 90% of all towing equipment manufacturing in the US. Its easier to list who they don't own or raided than the ones they do own. Of all the viable towing equipment companies that are in operation in the US, Jerr-Dan is the only one. Everyone else has been bought out or the majority patent holder in the company has been paid off for their patent. What is simply mind boggling, is this happened in the mid 80's to now and no anti-trust alarms in the US gov't was set off. BTW the corporation that owns Miller welding equip is not the same nor are they connected.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
whoever is running Oshkosk has some serious long range plans. Within the last five years, they bought a garbage packer company, a concrete mixer equipment company(McNeillus), and a towtruck body company(JerrDan). They are looking to in-house the complete package, rather than how the industry is currently fitting bodies to chassis. One thing for sure, they will have rigs that will be spec'd out right. Their reputation depends on tough trucks. ;Sweet

That's great to see. I don't like what I see in terms of the way American truck companies are run these days.

OshKosh has a great reputation, but they're still a small company.
Hopefully they'll get bigger and more sucessfull. I'd buy one of those Highlanders.